• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Installer still hangs at 90% on iMac

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a documented problem with the CS4 installer hanging at 90% when installing on a Mac. I have a new iMac and have this problem.

Adobe's on-site solution is to create a new User with admin privileges, but this did NOT work for me.

I tried installing from the original CD and from a downloaded version of the software with the same bad results.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 is not compatible with the current 10.8.x versions of OSX.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the installer isn't compatible? I'm running CS4 on my older iMac with 10.8.3 OSX with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not running the whole CS4 suite on my Mac under Mountain Lion but I am using Dreamweaver CS4 with no problems.

Have you got Adobe Air installed? If so uninstal it and also run the uninstaller for CS4 and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled every Adobe product I had, including Adobe Air, and removed all Adobe items from Preferences, System, etc. After creating a new User with admin privileges I rebooted in Safe mode and still have the same problem. I have worked through all ten of the solutions Adobe mentions on its Web site--all with no success.

This is all terribly frustrating. I don't really have $500 to upgrade to CS6 and need this software badly for image processing and Web management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines