• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 10 URL help

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to set up photoshop elements and it won't let me continue without making a photoshop.com URL address ... It won't take my username or anything else I type in ... Just keeps saying "Failure: an error occurred and changes were not saved. I can't seem to bypass this step or get the program to accept anything I put in ... Why?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you already installed pse 10?

if yes, what are you trying to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem, I don't know what the error is!  I've installed PSE 10, and in order to sign in while using it, it's asking me to enter my date of birth and create a unique URL for photoshop sharing.  I am entering my DOB correctly, don't know if that makes a differnce or not, and I've tried many different names for the URL, wondering if that is the problem, like the "name" is already being used maybe, but no matter what I've entered it gives me the screen that says   "Failure"  "An error occurred, and your changes were not saved"  and that's it!  It doesn't tell me what the error is.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy Houle please contact our support team so they can work with you directly on your current difficulties.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Trying to troubleshoot it myself at the moment; however if a fix has been found from these two instances I would really like to know.  Actually, I think we all would want to know.  Brand-new Mac OS-X Lion out of the box, not sure what to make of this.  Since there is no way to contact support at the moment it would be great if I could just get a checklist to go down, mabye with a litttle instruction for the complicated checks and fixes.  This software came as part of a bundle with my Wacom tablet.  Model of Mac is MD094LL/A; model number is A1418, if that helps at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the setup it asks to set up a url for other people to see my photos and stuff, as well as a DOB.  One way I may be able to resolve this problem is if I registered the url/DOB somewhere else.  Where could I do that on-site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has come to my attention that Photoshop.com is no longer allowing users to create new accounts.  Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 requires users to create a url through said site (which is a form of registration, which is now impossible) before they are allowed to use the program.  Since the site no longer allows this, the application comes back with an error message saying   Please provide a fix or an update ASAP.

My apologies, it appears that the editor and organizer is still acessible, just that it is impossible to sign in using your adobe account, which because of the way the application is installed would lead the user to think it is a requirement.  I did accidentally put in a different year in my DOB (2009) once and it is now barring me from pressing "update account."  That needs to be fixed as well, although there's probably a simple solution for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tronix0,

You are correct, as part of Photoshop.com shutting down in June we have disabled the account creation to Photoshop.com. This affects creating an account directly on Photoshop.com, as well as creating the account from within the Photoshop Elements 10 interface.

As you have already discovered, this log in is not necessary to use Photoshop Elements 10, just to be able to upload to Photoshop.com and share the photos which is a service no longer available.

More information on the transition of Photoshop.com to Revel can be found here:

forums.adobe.com/community/ps.com_sharing_and_storage

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines