• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager: Creative Cloud update error

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I fix Adobe Application Manager showing a download error when I try to update Creative Cloud products from within the individual products themselves or from the website? The Adobe Application Manager no longer shows what products I have installed, because the error shows up before it can list them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific error are you receiving?  Which operating system are you using?  Are you on a managed network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is Windows 32 bit and I am not on a managed network. And here is more detail on the messages I have been getting:

If I click on the Adobe Application Manager on my computer (or on the download link for one of the new product updates on the web page https://creative.adobe.com/apps) I get this message:

Download Error. Press Retry to try again or contact customer support.

Quit. Retry.

If I try to activate the Adobe Application Manager by clicking the updates link from within a product, for example Dreamweaver and InDesign, then I get this message:

Updates.

Your applications are all up-to-date as checked: 12/22/2012.

About. Preferences.

When I click on the Preferences button I am asked to check which products I want updates for, and then when I then click on OK I get this message:

Updates

Adobe DreamweaverCS6 146MB

DW CS6 12.1.1 Creative Cloud update 146MB

Adobe Photoshop CS6 231MB

Photoshop 13.1.1 for Creative Cloud 231MB

Photoshop Camera Raw 7 65 MB

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3 65MB

Total Update Size: 443MB 646.4GB Available

About. Preferences. Update

When I then click on Update it says it is downloading, but before it finishes I get this message:

Update Failed

Updates could not be applied

The error log file may help you in identifying the problem. Then, try updating again. If the problems persist, contact customer support for further assistance.

When I click on the error log file link it gives this message:

DW CS6 12.1.1 Creative Cloud update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I216

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I216

Photoshop 13.1.1 for Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane this error indicates that your update ref state is invalid.  This could indicate that there may be a failure of the disk permissions.  I would recommend reviewing the installation log for the updates you are trying to apply.  They should provide additional details to help you locate the root cause of your difficulties applying updates.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation logs at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for pointing me to that link; however, all the log files in the Installers folder only have 2012 dates or earlier. Even the Adobe Setup Error.log.gz file does not have any entries for 2013. The latest entry is for 27 December 2012. The more I delve the more it looks like an Adobe Application Manager problem. I have reloaded the Adobe Application Manager, but I get the same error message and it is not linking to all the applications I already have downloaded. I have searched the website for instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling but most of the of the other uninstalling and installing problems aren't exactly like my problem and I think there are some steps I am not doing to solve this problem. If I download a new Adobe Application Manager, does that mean I have to then re-download all of the applications again as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Creative Cloud on my desktop as well as on a PC. The Adobe Application Manager on my desktop is not working (as I have explained previously), so I tried using the version of Adobe Application Manager on the PC. After I clicked on the Adobe Application Manager I got a message that it was updating. Then I got a dialogue box asking for my adobe ID and password. Then the Adobe Application Manger activated a downloader but it failed and I got a message to quit or try again. Is there something in the update of the Adobe Application Manager that might be causing a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane to confirm you are receiving a download error on one one computer and U44M1I216 errors when trying to apply updates on a different computer? 

Also you mentioned you are using Windows 32-bit.  Can you provide some more details which version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two installations of a CS6 Creative Cloud subscription on the desktop and a laptop which both operate Windows 7 Professional.

The Adobe Application Manager on both computers has updated but now both versions give the same error (and I also get this same error message if I go to the Creative Cloud Apps web page and try to download anything from there from either computer):

Download Error

Press Retry to try again or contact customer support.

Quit. Retry.

Otherwise the application is blank. Before it listed what products I had installed. And the Adobe Application Manager in both instances is not sending any current data into the error log files in the installers section in the computer directories. In both cases the error log files there only have entries for dates in 2012 although of course the data in each of the log files is different.

The U44M1I216 errors I referred to previously did not come from those log files but via the route I mentioned previously when I tried to update through one of the products on my desktop and I chose InDesign and Dreamweaver. After clicking the update link in the help tab I followed the links and changing screens until I got to the three error messages.

I have just tried updating on my laptop via the same route. I managed to update Fireworks, but got a U44M1P208 error message for DW CS6 12.1 Creative Cloud and this message for all the products listed below:

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1U5

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 2.05.1 Update

Adobe InDesign CS6 8.0.1 update

Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.1.1 Update

Dynamic Link Media Server CS6 1.0.1 Update

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.2

DW CS6 12.1 Creative Cloud

Flash Pro CS6 update 2

Prelude CS6 1.0.3 Update

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.3 Update

Extension Manager 6.0.4 Update

AI CS6 Creative Cloud Update

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1.1

Adobe Audition CS6

All very puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Diane.  If the installation logs are not being updated then it will be very difficult to diagnose the cause of your installation difficulties.  I would recommend contacting our support team and working with them directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for your help on this tricky problem. I have done as you suggested and spoken to an Adobe tech guy over the telephone. He took over my computer and tried to make headway with the problem, but it is not solved yet, perhaps because the Adobe Application Manager does not work on both my computers where I have installed Creative Cloud. He is currently researching the problem further and will get back to me. I will let you know when the problem is solved to provide some closure to this problem which I have raised here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Diane.  Do you have a case number from your interaction with your support team?  I would be interested to review the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I will watch this with interest as very similar to my problems, I am In NZ which is I best course of action for support from here. (Also on thread  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5183530#5183530)

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff and Malcolm

Sorry Jeff, I don't have a case number for my conversation with the first tech person which accessed by ringing the support number for Australian users 1800 614 863, but I don't know if it is the same number for NZ users. I didn't hear back, so I rang again and got to speak to a second tech person, but I don't have a case number for that conversation either. Next time I will ask for one.

The second tech person (Prerna), who also took control of my desktop, tried to set up a new user, but could not do so because the user I am currently using did not have full administrative rights--not sure why because I thought I had these permissions.

So, we finished the conversation so that I could work on the permissions issue. My current user on my desktop was given full permissions but the Adobe Application Manager still did not work. So, I switched to an old user profile that I have on my desktop but don't use any more and the Adobe Application Manager gave a full list of the products I have installed and the updates needed. I clicked to update one of the products listed, that is Photoshop, and the update worked.

This process looked as though it might be a work-around where I could at least update through this old user on my desktop, although it was inconvenient and meant no updates could be applied via the product update link. However, sometime later when I went back to this old user profile and tried to update the remaining products listed, the updates failed.

And the Adobe Application Manager on the laptop still does not work. I mentioned before that it updated Fireworks but it now refuses to update any of the other products listed. And, yes, the laptop has full permissions.

At least in these instances, Adobe Application Manager, gave me a list of installed products and a list of the updates needed. Now the Adobe Application Manager on the laptop does not do that any more. It simply gives a download error message. And, when I try to update through Fireworks I get a message that says that it is up-to-date as checked on 22 November 2012, even though it was actually updated some time last week.

And I have just tried the Adobe Application Manager again using the old user profile. Now it, too, does not list the products I have installed. It just gives that download error.

So, to sum up, I could get the Adobe Application Manager to work briefly for one update only by activating users where the Adobe Application Manager was not used recently in 2013. After that the Adobe Application Manager simply gives a download error. This situation applies to both versions of Creative Cloud on my desktop and the laptop.

Is the next step to de-activate Creative Cloud on both computers and then activate them again? Or should I talk to another tech person?

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane I would recommend that you continue working with our support team so they can continue to analyze your log files.  If you can post your case number I would be happy to take a look at the steps which have been performed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I have talked to another tech person and this time I asked for a case number: 184198167. The problem of the Adobe Application Manager not working is not solved, but I have a work-around at least for updating products I have already downloaded before Adobe Application Manager stopped working properly.

This tech person told me that sometimes the Adobe Server has problems with the Adobe Application Manager and then it doesn't work; however, I should keep the Adobe Application Manager on my system because, as I understand it, this problem is one that Adobe is working on and I might be able to use the Adobe Application Manager again in the future. (As of today that is not the case.)

The work-around is that I update directly from the Adobe download website rather than logging in using my Adobe ID to the Creative Cloud website because that route activates the Adobe Application Manager, which just gives a download error. So, yes, I have successfully updated Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and I am told I can update my other products in the same way.

And, as I understand it, if I want to install and uninstall a product I need to go to my control panel on my desktop, uninstall it from there and then go to the Adobe download website and re-install the product from there. But I don't know how I download any new Creative Cloud products that are only available to Creative Cloud subscribers. And I do wonder if I will run into any licence issues by going outside the Adobe Application Manager route.

So, I have a solution for updating the products I have already installed through my Creative Cloud subscription, but not a solution for getting Adobe Application Manager working, which still leaves some questions around the management of my Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

This post is to update what I wrote a short while ago. I have Lightroom on my desktop and I successfully updated it under the guidance of the tech person I referred to in my earlier post via the Adobe update website outside the Creative Cloud environment. Howevever, I did not have Lightroom on the laptop so I downloaded it there via the Adobe update website. But, when I tried to use it, it asked for a serial number and it did not accept the Creative Cloud serial number because this service is designed for non-Cloud products. So, that means I can update products I have already installed, but I cannot download any new products until the Adobe Application Manager is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Glad to hear you are having sucess, what is the Adobe update site that you used?

I assume this would not give you the updates that are exclusive to creative cloud members.

I wish they would hurry up and fix the problem so we dont have all this mucking about.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcolm

To sum up, I have had no success in fixing the main problem. I have had success in updating products I downloaded before I had the problem with the Adobe Application Manager, using a work-around, but no success in downloading any new products or second versions of products I already have. That is because the work-around of downloading updates at this site: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ is a general site and it does not give access to anything exclusive to Creative Cloud subscribers. When you download a product to which you are entitled as a Creative Cloud member and try to use it, it asks for a serial number but it does not recognise the Creative Cloud serial number as valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane, Jeff and Ashutosh,

I just tried Ashutosh's idea but same result same download error.

Diane, was there any indication when this problem will be resolved from the support line?

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcolm,

A problem with the  Adobe Application Manager could have several causes, so the Adobe tech people can help eliminate some of those causes. But it looks as though they cannot help at the moment if it is a problem with the Adobe Server and the Adobe Application Manager. At least that is the impression I got from the third Adobe tech person I spoke to recently.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

This is very frustrating thing, as we are unable to gain access to the full range of services our membership offers then we should get a discount.

I haven’t had the gumption to speak to a tech as this usually ends up very frustrating as well especially with many of their accents, I suppose I should put an hour or two aside to speak to them.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Deleting AAMupdater folder

Win XP: <user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

Vista/Win7: <%localappdata%>\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/update-error-u44m1i216.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been reluctant to remove the AAMUpdater folders because I thought that this might disconnect me as a Creative Cloud user. And I say folders because I have an AAMUpdater folder in the ProgramData under the C Drive (which is empty) as well as one under each of the two users I have on my desktop.

However, I have worked with three Adobe tech people who have all linked remotely to my desktop. While they had control, two of them went to the Adobe website and downloaded the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager for me, but they did not remove old versions of this product. My assumption was that, if these old versions were going to affect the viability of the new version, then they would have removed the old versions. Before I remove all references to the Adobe Application Manager, I want to be sure I don't cause any more problems than I am having now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. I am trying to update my windows 32 bit Captivate but it woon't let me because its say the Application Manager is damaged or removed and I should download a new version. I have downloaded the new one 7.0 several times and it still won't let me update. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines