Cannot initialize Native Extension

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i always get an

Type Error #1009 cannot access a property or method of a null object reference

It seems that my code cannot load the ANE because I cannot instatiate the extension object.

any help?

Thanks

Marco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marco,

In the past I've had some issues with the ANE being missing.  First of all, if you haven't already:

1) Go to project settings and check that the ANE is included in your build packaging (if you don't have build packaging in your project's options, you're making a web flash target, which does not support native extensions)

2) Go to project settings and check that the ANE is included in your build path.

2) Check that the platform you are targetting has it's initializer set in the extension.xml file that is used to package the ANE.  If you didn't package the ANE yourself I believe you can rename the .ane to a .zip and have a look at the configuration yourself using a zip file viewer.  If the platform is not supported, you will need to do this first.

If everything seems right you might need to build your project from scratch.  From memory, I've had things mysteriously work again after a rebuild, or after removing ANEs and reinserting them.

That's all I can think of, of the top of my head.  Hope it helps

Cheers,

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much, the ANE is now working. One question still open: do I need to add the Actionsscript library SWC File also into my final flex mobile projects or not?

Thanks

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines