Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to setup up a projet in FB for both iOS and SWF

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I would like to setup an actionscript project in FB from which i could compile classic SWF and IPA iOS from the same source code. Is it possible? How to achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can make two projects (one mobile and one flash) that refer to a common source directory - just go to your project settings and go to ActionScript Build Path and add a new Source Path folder.  It should now show inside your projects as a gray folder with [source path] in front.  Put your iOS and flash specific launch code in the separate projects.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably better to have the shared code as a library project, methinks. However, same concept, just differently organised.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Better' is contentious.  With Flash Builder, I always symlink folders in preference to libraries.  I'm wary of trusting the IDE to properly traverse the dependency tree when building complex projects - sometimes you need to make spurious rebuilds, or worse still, you're using old code and not realising it.  Assuming incremental compiling/linking, it shouldn't be much of a compilation time cost, but it will be a lot more robust to include all the source directories explicitly.

As an aside, my last company used to keep a minimal copy of all referenced SDKs as part of the project, thus allowing multiple projects to be on separate versions of the SDK and to cause check-ins to be completely atomic, that is, the SDK upgrades (and custom modifications) would match up with code-base changes and be part of the repository.  It's a strategy that I've adopted, but it does take some time to prune down all your SDKs.

Jarrod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'll go with "contentious".

Advantages, for me, are that I have two or three big chunks of relatively static code and having them precompiled as .SWC saves me an age in build times, but having the code there as libraries, means I can also debug through them if I need to.

That said, I agree with all your downsides too...

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't personally noticed increased compile times from linking in directories with incremental compiling, but perhaps this is different for release builds.  Each to their own 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's affected by the size and complexity of the library... (especially if there are lots of embedded assets).

But, the difference between linking via a .swc in /libs and linking via a project linked as a library _without_ copying the SWC can be a number of seconds for each build... which adds up when you have "Build automatically" set.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines