• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you embed php code in the index.template.html file?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the html-template folder we find the index.template.html file.   After my recent skirmish with FlashVars, I got to wondering if I could

embed php code in the template.   This would allow me to use php's function to dynamically retrieve the hostname from the server, set

the flashvar and then access that from my flex application.

Anybody know if you can do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplest of all is to edit the default launch location to use your php instead.

For example, I have mine (in one project) set to export debug assets into a directory in my server.local root directory and I have modified the launch location from e:\[project location]\bin-debug\index-template.html to http://server.local/flexdev/[project name]/index.php?somevars...

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS: You know you can also use something like Charles to proxy / swap out release files from your release server with debug files from your test environment? That way, you can do debug testing against a full function environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines