• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the serial number for Creative Cloud membership?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at my order, my receipt and the email I received and nowhere is there a serial number for my Creative Cloud membership.  I was a pre-order, don't know if that screwed it up... how do I get the serial number?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

The first thing I opened was Acrobat and it asked for a serial number.  Then I opened AfterEffects and it connected properly.  After that I could open everything without it asking for the serial number.  So it doesn't need the serial number in fact.  If you get the warning just try opening a different application until it connects and then go back to the other application and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have the same problem! Wher's the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Purplebob, some of us downloaded the trial and need a serial number to get access to all the features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop CS6 Extended with Application manager and when I opened it, it asked serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. When I log in with my adobe-id I'm asked to fill in my serial number...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I opened was Acrobat and it asked for a serial number.  Then I opened AfterEffects and it connected properly.  After that I could open everything without it asking for the serial number.  So it doesn't need the serial number in fact.  If you get the warning just try opening a different application until it connects and then go back to the other application and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this workaround does not work for me.  I remain stuck in trial mode...and less than thrilled that no solution to the problem is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PageSage I would recommend starting a different thread in the Creative Cloud Download & Install FAQ forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_cloud_faq.  If you can please describe in that thread your specific circumstances it should help us resolve your difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Happy Camper,

Creative cloud do not need a serial number. it will be using your aadobe ID on which you have purchased the creative cloud membership.

So you need to login with your Adobe ID and password to activate the cloud membership.

In case it is not signing in successfully please try the following:

I dont know which operating system you are working on so i am giving you some steps windows and MAC OS:

Windows:

In windows 7 navigate to following location:

/windows/system32/drivers/etc

1. look out for "Hosts" file

2. Open it with notepad

3. Check if you have any entry for Adobe

4. Remove the entries and try again launching any product from CS6

On Windows XP navigate to following location:

\windows\system32\drivers\etc

1. look out for "Hosts" file

2. Open it with notepad

3. Check if you have any entry for Adobe

4. Remove the entries and try again launching any product from CS6

Mac:

1. Please click on "Go" and navigate to /private/etc

2. Open "hosts" file and check out for any entries for Adobe.com

3. Remove the entries and save the file

4.  try again launching any product from CS6

Thanks

Kapil Malik

Regards,
Kapil Malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been through this and none of the solutions on this page work for me.  I have also been hung up on twice by adobe during phone calls.  The customer service section has been no help whatsoever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profucee which operating system are you using?  Do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team which I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X 10.8.2 0184001544

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profuceee case 184002804 you reported your difficulties being resolved when the host.old file was removed.  Is this not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked the first time but the following day I attempted to login and experienced the same issue. The file no longer exist either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC subscription's been running for a couple of months now and PS is still not working. None of the tips, tricks and magic mentioned above worked and the host file is clean. It just keeps me asking for a serial. Ridiculously frustrating. (OS X 10.8.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sphygmomanometer in addition to the steps offered above you will also want to review Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why should we have to do this..I have wasted so much time already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but end of patience...totally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spiders00 this is a public forum and is not a chat session.  If you are looking for direct support then I would recommend contacting our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

If you would like to post the steps you have currently performed to resolve your current network misconfiguration then it would be possible to see if there is additional steps which you can try to resolve your difficulties.  Also if you are on a managed network then please contact your I.T. department so they can help resolve the network configuration difficulties you are currently experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Tryed everything I could find online. Adobe is giving same generic answers that are on thier website. This is outrageous. If this problems continue presisting I am canceling Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Borisj744 the same question stands as I posed to Spiders00.  Can you please list what you have steps you have completed so far and their results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This

"Mac:

1. Please click on "Go" and navigate to /private/etc

2. Open "hosts" file and check out for any entries for Adobe.com

3. Remove the entries and save the file

4.  try again launching any product from CS6

and this:

"The first thing I opened was Acrobat and it asked for a serial number.  Then I opened AfterEffects and it connected properly.  After that I could open everything without it asking for the serial number.  So it doesn't need the serial number in fact.  If you get the warning just try opening a different application until it connects and then go back to the other application and try again."

and this:

I found this tool on their website to remove previous Adobe Creative Suites but it also enables you to remove the creative cloud application manager.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

When you start it up you need to choose all on the top. It will show application manager and remove that application.

Afterwards go back to the Creative Cloud login page

https://creative.adobe.com/

and this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/convert-cs6-licensed-under-ccm.html

Nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent thank you Borisj744.  It appears you have completed step 3 of Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.  Please also try the remaining steps within the document.

Also if you are on a managed network please ensure that you are working with your I.T. department to allow the Adobe Application Manager to connect to the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines