• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11.6 doesn't play on Firefox 20

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Flash 11.6 and Firefox 20 videos wont play (Windows XP Pro). 

What I have found:

• No error message or request to install/update shows; just a blank field which I can't interact with via mouse or keyboard.
  • Videos do play on Google Chrome version 26.
  • When I disable the 11.6 the embedded frame briefly shows "The plug-in is disabled" then shows "The adobe flash player is required for video playback".
  • The add-on manager show's the current flash plugin enabled.
  • The Adobe test page doesn't show the version of flash installed or an error message; again just an empty field where either should be. 
  • When checking the Tools >Page Info > Media for the page the embedded .swf line is greyed out. 

I've tried the recommended suggestions for similar issues listed below without success.

• reinstalling Flash 10.3
  • reinstalling Flash 11.6
  • running in protected mode on 11.6
  • clearing cookies and cashe in firefox.
  • restoring firefox and restarting in firefox safe mode.

I'm no IT person but I've given you all the information I can think may be useful but hasn't helped me any.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Pat,

I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox after trying both your recommendations which were needed (driver was way out of date and 11.7 just released today).  Doing a clean install of Firefox 20 seemed to do the trick as it's now working.  The issue seems to reside in the Firefox update and not with Flash.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat,

I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox after trying both your recommendations which were needed (driver was way out of date and 11.7 just released today).  Doing a clean install of Firefox 20 seemed to do the trick as it's now working.  The issue seems to reside in the Firefox update and not with Flash.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines