Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem running the macro (1037) - on Windows 7 PC

Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do I get "There was a problem running the macro (1037) when running help on Windows 7 PC?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating the help or trying to look at help you've just created? What flavour of help is it? Are you using a browser to view it? If so, what flavour is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Win2000 version that was created at least 4 years ago and has worked well on previous platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a Win2000 version of what? CHM, WebHelp, FlashHelp, JavaHelp, AIRHelp...throw us a bone here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vesion of Robohelp is version 6 and the options for output are  Win2000 or FlashHelp, WebHelp, JavaHelp, Microsoft HTML Help, etc.  The updates to our applicataion help files are rare and I was hoping to avoid upgrading and redoing all of the help files, but I will probably need to do that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of Win2000 as a help output - with something like RH6, your best bet for being able to work in newer O/Ss & browsers is WebHelp or (possibly) CHM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I will try those output options and see if that solves the immediate concern.

Thanks for the Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Here is a bit of RoboHistory for you.

20 years ago when I started using RoboHelp, WinHelp was the output of the day. Windows 3.1 was dominant and the compiled help format was called WinHelp. Files existed in a format using a .HLP file extension.

In that format, help simply opened in a window. Often, the help author had do devise their own form of navigating the system. There was a Table of Contents, but you opened it separately.

eHelp Corporation (owners of RoboHelp at that time) came up with a new format that packaged the TOC together in a format that looks a lot like CHM output. That format was called WinHelp 2000 and it was achieved using special DLLs to implement the changes.

Additionally, only RoboHelp for Word was/is capable of creating this type of help. AFAIK it was never possible with RoboHelp HTML.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Deepening my historical knowledge day by day ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure if this Microsoft article will help, given Rick's information, but it can't hurt to have a look.

"I cannot open Help that was created in the Windows Help format (WinHlp32.exe)"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607#kna

In the Known issues section, "Known issues that may occur after you install the WinHlp32.exe update" indicates that a bunch of macros  may be disabled and cause the 1037 error you are getting.

"How to enable macros on a single computer after you install WinHlp32.exe" provides details on how to enable the macros.

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber's answer is indeed the correct one.

You must have already downloaded the Winhelp engine to get this far.

If running over an intranet, there is an  additional step needed and described in the same KB article

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amber, your post was finally my solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp