Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rtmfp connection between content running on flash player and air for mobile

Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I've been developing an app for some time that makes use of a secondary application as a remote controller.

Until AIR3.5 this worked smoothly through RTMFP: the original app (the "player") started listening at both local network ("rtmfp:") and with the aid of the Cirrus service ("rtmfp://p2p.rtmfp.net/mycirruskey"). The controller app (the "remote") first try to establish a connection on the local network and, if it does not succeed, try to locate the player using Cirrus (usually when it was run from a device connected on a 3G network).

This approach was surprisingly effective (I guess rtmfp and the cirrus service are indeed very nice), but now I'm updating my apps using AIR3.7 and the problems began - and I didn't change a single line from the original code... First, I am unable to connect the mobile app to the flash player using local rtmfp, the netgroup just doesn't get any neighbor. Second, even with the aid of Cirrus, I can only establish the connection if the player and the remote are connected on different networks (like one on my wifi connection and the other on 3G). If I put both, the computer running the player and the mobile running the remote on the same wifi, the connection is never completed.

To make the problem even stranger, if I save the player as an AIR application, for mobile or desktop, the cirrus connection does work perfeclty, so it seems that the problem is related to connections to the flash player itself.

Is this an expected baheviour of AIR3.7 for some sort of security issue (limiting flash player/air apps connection)? If not, is there a way to solve it?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem!

AIR 3.4 was the last SDK I could get working with rtmfp. All versions above now fail with the exact same code that does work in 3.4.

I need to update an IOS app, and can't use 3.4 due to the Invalid binary situation.

Is there any reason that this no longer works, or is it just an overlooked bug?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please open a new bug reprot on this over at bugbase.adobe.com? When adding the bug, please include sample code or an application so we can quickly test this out internally. If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly(nimitja@adobedotcom).

Once the bug has been added would you mind posting back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments?

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added one yesterday:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3560258

Interestingly air 3.7 on IOS to Desktop air 3.7 will work.

I am investigating if I can use 3.7 on Android to connect to 3.7 on iOS - so far I cannot get the apk to install on my Galaxy S3, compile using 3.4 and all is good. Air runtime has been updated via Play store - and build uses compiled runtime.

I cannot get Flash player 11.4 to connect with air 3.7 on iOS either.

NetGroup.Neighbour.Connect never fires.

All SDKS above 3.4 upto 3.8 beta exhibit the same problem.

3.4 works perfectly and can connect to flash player, and other Air/iOS devices just fine.

Shuld not be a issue with firewalls etc, thay are all open.

I can email you the fla, it is for a product so I can't post it here.

Thanks,

Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which AIR SDK 3.7 version you are using? There was a double icon issue in 3.7.0.153 which has been resolved, see the link http://forums.adobe.com/message/5243150#5243150 for reference. Please try with latest AIR SDK 3.7.0.186(if already not using) @ http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html.

Please share the error that you are getting while installing apk on your device.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new 3.7 has allowed me to install onto my S3 ok.

I can confirm that the rtmfp now appears to work between iOS and Android devices as expected, as long as they are both compiled using 3.7. I have found that 3.4 compiles will not work connecting to 3.7

I have working results with 3.7 and rtmfp - p2p with messages and video for:

iPhone 3GS

iPod Touch 3rd ed.

iPhone 5

iPhone 4

Galaxy S3

Still no communication to flash player - any version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked your bug, looks like you forgot to attach the files to reproduce the problem at our end, It'll surely help us in our investigations. Also, could you please share from which platform you are trying to communicate to flash player and the 3.4 version in which the app is working.

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a CS6 fla to demonstrate the issue.

Compile it as an APK, or iOS (using 3.7+) file and load onto device or test in iOS SDK.

Build again as Flash Player 11 or less, and test.

Both will connect but no Neighbor.Connect will fire.

Build as Air 3.4 on iOS or Android and Neighbor.Connect will work with The Flash Player.

Also everything is fine when building with 3.7+ on iOS, Andoid and as desktop Air - it is only when communication to Flash Player it fails.

Platforms.

I have tested on both Mac OS X 10.7.5, Win XP SP3 & Win 7.

All browser based flash player tests use the Chrome plugin. 10.4 and 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a little more investigation I have found that rtmfp will not fire a neighbor.connect event if both devices are on the same network - but not the same router.

eg:

The below assumes all devices are on the same subnet, and connected through the same router (Gateway 192.168.0.1).

iPhone on WiFi a (192.168.0.5), computer on WiFi a (192.168.0.1) - Flash player does not connect, desktop air 3.7 does.

iPhone on WiFi a (192.168.0.5), computer (192.168.0.10) connected to hub (192.168.0.7) connected to gateway (192.168.0.1) via wired connection - Neither Flash player or air work. 

Is there a security setting somewhere for network access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any update to this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may be router / pc must be disable firewall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firewall is disabled for test.

Different routers tried.

All the same issues remain.

Device to Device = ok

Device to Air Desktop = ok

Device to flash player = fail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any solution for this issue?

I can't believe that Adobe dropped the ball with this issue and could not fix it for so long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nope still not working 😞

I hope they will fix this fixed soon, I have an app in the app store, ready to interface to a website using RTMFP and as an interim solution I am having to have people download an air desktop compiled app.

Not ideal, and I have no idea why going from air 3.4 to 3.5 or later totally breaks the communication with Flash player.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just tried a mobile air build 3.7 to flash player 11.4 using my dev key and rtmfp://p2p.rtmfp.net

No connection is made, but if I compile with air 3.2 it works.

So this looks lile rtmfp is totally broken for air 3.4 or newer 😞

Or I am missing somehing that has changed and I need to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is ongoing. A serious issue as far as I'm conserned.

The Bug report in this thread has been disregarded.

Here is a new one I started.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3632982

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.

Still ongoing.

My bug was closed mainly because I gave up trying to point out the simple fact that it worked with 3.2 and fails with FP on any version up.

Such a crying shame as this was a very very neat way of getting devices to easily talk to a computer running FP in a browser.

I dunno who needs a prod, the FP or the Air team but someone somewhere broke it!

My money lays on FP, as all the air stuff works fine. Air mobile to air desktop - fine. Air to FP - forget it!

😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am facing the same problem. Air 15.0.0 has been launched but the issue is still not resolved.

But  as per my knowledge RTMFP saves bandwidth as well as server usage. Is there any other option or protocol with which we can do the same?

What you guys did with your applications ?

Thanks,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm starting work on a suite of apps (win desktop, ios, Android) that need to communicate using the above techniques. Have these issues been resolved by Adobe, or do they still exist?

Thanks,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines