• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting vector shapes in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i hope im able to explain my situation properly.

The thing is, i made several vector shapes in Illustrator, of course forgot to save the .ai and then my mac went out of power and lost the document.

BUT, before the mac went out of power i imported the shapes into Photoshop, and now their laying there as vector shape layers. Is there any way for me to export the vector shape layers back into illustrator, and still maintain vector editability?

I would be ever so grateful for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Never mind i figured it out, the solution was to double click the vector smart layer in photoshop, and it will automatically open the shape in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the Paths and copy/paste them or ducplicate the Vector Masks in the Paths Panel and use Edit > Export > Paths to Illustrator.

Or simply open the psd in Illustrator and check Convert Layers to Objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, they actually are vector smart layers... Any way to go around that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind i figured it out, the solution was to double click the vector smart layer in photoshop, and it will automatically open the shape in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines