• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.7.700.169 and 11.7.700.178 Not loading External Audio

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a website that uses Action Script 2 (AS2). We load .mp3 files from our server to our flash program on our website.

Sounds built into the flash library load fine, but .mp3's loaded from our server do not.

The audio loads a few seconds of the first clip and then cuts off, and then after going a few pages into our flash program the audio begins loading audio files more completely allowing some clips to play. Then it sporatically stops working.

Video loads fine. images load fine.

Our company has received about a hundred calls since April 9th when the update occured regarding this issue.

Our current solution is to uninstall 11.7 and install 11.6 -> which works in every browser except for Google Chrome (as they just released a new auto update yesterday that forces the pepper flash plugin to be 11.7)

Please release an update that fixes this issue.

We submitted a bug to the development team on the 10th, but have received no response regarding if/and or when this might be fixed.

Our thoughts are that the new security updates have messed up some backwards compatability.

I'd really prefer to not spend months repogramming our website to use html5 instead of flash... so please address this issue imediatley.

It seems that youtube was having a similar issue as us, so hopefully their cloat encourages a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds similar to a video bug that was reported this morning.  Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include sample code or a link to your app/site so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the code/url to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com). 

Once added, please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.  I'll also follow up internally.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am too having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a few minutes I will be posting a new bug report with AS2 code in it, that hopefully

logue.timothy,

biggyspender

can compare their code against so that we can find a common denominator to isolate the broken function(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

logue.timothy,

biggyspender

Could you please contact me: jdavis@chimsol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently I'm seeing this with ALL FP11.7 audio on my machine... regardless of the source of that audio (whether it's video, or audio). Audio just cuts out after some amount of time >10sec <10min.

Steps to reproduce: Play audio (that exceeds 10 mins in length) from any source via Flash Player 11.7

Workaround: Downgrade (a really bad idea)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

There are a number of links in https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635

that demonstrate the problem.  Please, we need some help on this.  It has been since 4/10 and the bug report status has not changed and there has been no comment from Adobe. 

My company has two products and resells a third that are unuseable with 11.7 and our only recourse at the moment is to tell our customers to go back to 11.6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone.  This issue is my top priority today and I'll make sure that others in engineering management are aware of it.  I'll update this thread (and others) as soon as I have additional info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris,  I'm slowing moving over to AS3.   I tested this issue using AS3 language and I don't seen any issues.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Is there a bug in bugbase we should follow for this?

Tim,

One of our apps is all AS2, the other is AS3, but uses iSpring to produce SWFs for each slide of a PP deck.  A slide change in either one will cause the audio to drop.  Our iSpring is producing AS2 SWFs and there seems to be a problem with producing 1slide/SWF and AS3 right now so we are still in tough shape.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@biggyspender - Can you post some example links?  Any problems playing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey4n8vqlX_o

@Kevin_OC - I'm going with https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635 as the main bug (it has the most activity).

We've been able to reproduce this bug internally and we've tracked down the exact injection build.  I've escalated the issue and hope to hear more back shortly.  Will update the bug report (and this and other threads) when I have additional information.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris - at last, some news!  Thank you.  I have windows on both this thread and the bug to watch for developments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChrisCampbell, I have successfully played the video through twice now with no loss of audio, so perhaps my video issue was unrelated. However, we're getting plenty of complaints from our users on http://radiotuna.com about cutting out audio for shoutcast audio/mpeg streams. We're playing streams with the very simplest of AS2 code

sound = new Sound();
var s = sound;
sound.loadSound("http://sc2.cyberneticos.com:7069/;0", true); //please substitute for working shoutcast stream if this one is down 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I think it has to be the .loadSound() function then. https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3542077 has my code attached. smoking gun. hopefully the dev team will be able to fix it now that we have multiple programs showing failure on the same function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently the workaround for mac os x (downgrading to 11.6) will not work. Use 10.3 instead:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580?tstart=0

chrome still will not downgrade, the plugin option does not appear so have users use a differnet browser for now.

we've been trying to keep our troubleshooting page up to date: https://www.tapseries.com/troubleshooting_flash117.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the updates, this info is definitely helpful.  I've created a new thread that I'll make updates on as I learn new info (along with the bug report.)

Flash Player 11.7 Sound Playback Bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For those regarding iSpring user, we spent a lot of time in debugging that too.

here are the pieces we got and hope it helps.

The audio would got cut off once you tried to unload as2 swf. According to the SwfLoader doc, it would try to cut off all resources if possible (including audio object...). And it seems that their new flash player 11.7 would try to forcefully clear out stuffs that it shouldn't

Our hackaround is to call the netstream.seek() to trigger the sound again. Playing sound object doesn't work

Please adobe!! help us to keep our job here. It would be poor for us by just releasing a player without knowing which part of the backward compatibilities that it is about to break but just post a note on the page to say it may break something old.

Thanks,

Venant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, and Adobe staff,   11,7,700,169  does not play background music in our website scilang.com, whereas 11,5,502,124 works perfect. For a few seconds, it plays and then it stops. Moreover, when moving from page to page the  music doens't continue to play as it should. If you could repair this bug, we would appreciate it... thanx.

Scilang Inst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a shame !  The question is, it seems that adobe does not make real regression tests on the flash player;such a huge mistake can not be escaped. I think that Adobe's programmers are playing a game instead of doing their job.

Not accectable !!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines