Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player 11.3 to 11.7.700.169 crash my sound card Creative audigy LS 5.1

Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player 11.3 to 11.7.700.169 crash my sound card Creative audigy LS 5.1, I Updated the sound card drivers, I run Windows XP pro, dirextx 9C 3GO ram, since winxp don't detected more then 3 GO over 4ram, I have a Nvidia video card but the video is not the issue here the audio is, ever since i updated flash player to 11.3 my sound keep crashing and no updated so far fix anything, I even tried to lower to 16 bit 48 mhz as suggested and that din't fix anything, I keep crash, also the only way to foix it I must manualy empty the temporary internet files and the temp files otherwise not even a reboot work, after i empty those files I need to reboot and the sound get back, I even tried to use the flash uninstall program before installing any updated, nothing work, i still get my sound card to crash...anyone know how to fix this issue? .I hope this will be fix soon, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify the use of HTML5 by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the context menu.

Does this happen with just Internet Explorer or have you seen this also occur with other browsers?  Are you using 10.3 in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I say on my previous e-mail the problem started when I install the 10.3, and I did updated it every time there was an update t'ill now 11.7.700.169.

The problem started to happend only after I download flash player 11.3 , and still remain even after all the update to 11.7.700.169.

I can watch video the sound is good on firefox 20, that it not the problem here, the problem is after I have use flash player on blog or youtube , after I close the browser the sound card crash on all my device crash, I can't play mp3, or avi, the only sound I still can hear are the waves sound of windows.

I updated my sound card drivers, I even tried uninstall flash player using the program they sugess to download to uninstall flash player device.

I even try running the computer few days to see if my sound card was going to crash, I wasn't able to look any youtube video then, it was telling me I had to install the latess flash player device plugin to watch them,  but everything was running fine with out any problem , my sound card never crash then, on the mean time flash player did an updated so I download it, and right after it was install the same sound card problem start to happend all over again.

If I open my browser to watch a video on youtube or I go to a blog with webcam, right after I close the browser "wich is firefox 20 since I also updated firefox everytime to make sure it's not the problem"  The sound card crash, and the only way to make it work again is to before I reboot, I need to empty the temporary internet files manualy and the temp files, other wise even if I reboot the sound card won't work, if i don't empty those files, the problem remain.

I don't really understand how this happend and why, but I know that it's after I install the flash player  that all my sound card problem started to happend.

Now I would gladly go with out flash player if I could still blog or look youtube, this way the problem was solved for me, but I can, and it's very annoying to go to all this process everytime to get back my sound.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your initial post you mentioned 11.3, not 10.3.  I would give our 10.3 release a try if you haven't already:

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

Does this happen with browsers other than Firefox?  Did you try the two links I posted above?  I suspect you're running into a conflict with our Protected Mode.  Please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this FAQ:

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

In particular, I'd recommend temporarily disabling protected mode (for troubleshooting purposes only) to see if that addresses the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here guys....

His sound card is not defect....it is adobe flash player itself causing troubles under the latest firefox....under i net explorer latest version all works perfect....i have a Soundblaster XFI TITANIUM PRO.....for example i open 2 windows - right i listen a song on youtube for example....on the left windows i surf and go to a site like www.auslogics.com/en/ or facebook chat or this site: speedtest-1.unitymedia.de - the sound immediately stops. I have to restart the whole browser, then the sound works again. By the way with the last version of adobe flash i never had troubles under firefox....i can truly say that this is a buggy version of flashplayer, not his hardware.....greetz from good ol' Germany.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man it is the problem from adobe, not the problem from mister Bleis-01.....i hope that adobe does not bring out buggy versions of flash player again, this is not the first time adobe brought out a buggy thing....GREETZ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not the problem from your system, it is the problem that adobe brought out a buggy flash player - sadly again....try to get an older version from adobe flash player and you will see: all will work fine again. OR: live with that buggy flashplayer until adobe releases a new, non buggy flash player.....GREETZ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can live with that sound and performance problem under Firefox, but what if that adobe flash player holds a main bug - for example a big security hole? I mean if even the sound crashes and the player has bad performance - what if there is a big security hole inside? That makes me scared......and i will NOT use the Internet Explorer (there the flashplayer works perfectly)....i will always use Firefox, but that is only my humble opinion.....cause M$ has enough monopol.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize to those effected by this bug.  We've been able to reproduce the issue internally and are in the process of investigating both fixes and workarounds.  If you haven't already, please take a minute and leave us a comment (or vote) over on this bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635

Your feedback is important to us.  We will also update this bug report as new information becomes available.

For those looking for an immediate fix, I would like to suggest downgrading Flash Player to our latest 10.3 release.  The latest 10.3 build contains all of the most recent security updates and should provide a stable platform for audio and video.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

Chrome users will need to switch to the system version of Flash Player (NPAPI version) after installing the 10.3 release:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris! Greetz from Germany, i hope ya solve that probs soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive jusmanaged to fix my issue. i installed google chrome,then flash player/adblocker for chrome,tried a video from the site in question,and it worked.

then i tried mozilla,and it worked also,so it MUST be a flash player issue on mozilla.

one more thing,you guys need to have a more accessible contact email address,as your method of contact is disgusting.sorry but its true

also,one more thing,have you guys any idea how difficult it is,to downgrade the flash player.sometimes it wouldnt let me downgrade.must be another issue eh lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it did not work for me I still have my sound card to crash randomly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our beta was released today that should fix the audio being cut off.  However, I doubt that will address the SB specific device issue.  Have you tried using the default OS drivers instead of the creative labs version?  Either way, I would recommend opening a bug on this if possible.

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8 64 bit will not allow the beta version(11.7.700.191) in Internet Explorer. It says something about Adobe Flash being built into Internet Explorer and it

can only be installed at Windows Update. Unfortunately, I removed the previous defective version that kept crashing the sound, and now I can't install

any version. The 10.3 version installed fine for Firefox, and the beta version too. How do we use the beta version for Internet Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for IE10/Win8 is provided by Microsoft; there is no beta version.

Download and reinstall the current version from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html#main-pars_header_0

If you want to test the beta on Win8, do it on another browser like Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, it doesn't solve the problem with the sound crashing in Flash Player with IE.

Second of all, flash player does not show on Windows Update.

I actually tried the link provided days ago, and it said that the update was already installed,

despite the fact that there is no Flash Player installed for IE.

I removed the defective version and now I can't install any Flash Player for IE.

But, the beta version did solve the sound crashing problem in Firefox.

Now, if only Microsoft would provide this fix for Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there is a beta version for IE from Adobe Labs, but it won't install.

See link where it says "for Internet Explorer Only".

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's good to hear that the beta at least fixes the problem for you on Firefox.  Microsoft will be distributing the next Windows 8 Flash Player for Internet Explorer update on the normal patch Tuesday timeframe (May 14th) baring any unforeseen circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional "helpful" information. And thanks to the Adobe staff for addressing this problem.

At least, I can get flash on Firefox. It was horrible constantly losing sound during the Lakers game.

Now, if only they would win. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the beta relase did not fix the problem, I still have thie issue, I also tried the default OS drivers but the bug is still there, I really hope this will be fix soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@bleis-01 - Given the number of CL sound cards out in the wild I would assume that this would be a more widespread and prevalent issue if there was a fundamental issue.  That said, I do think we'd like to take a look and I would encourage you to open a bug using the instruction faq I posted earlier in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines