• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 10 updated released

Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well. I am the product manager for FrameMaker.

I am pleased to let you know that we recently released a patch on FrameMaker10, in which we have fixed several bugs. See below for more details on the issues fixed. As part of this patch, we have fixed several issues that were reported to us by our users and partners. For obvious reasons, it is not possible to list out all the contributors in this short note, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those who contributed by reporting these issues and helping us improve the stability of the product further. In particular, I would like to call out Scott Prentice (Leximation) and Franz Kauffman (Systec) for their valuable contributions. Please keep providing your valuable feedback in the future as well.

The patch 10.0.1 can be downloaded from here http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows. Also, the readme for the patch is herehttp://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/framemaker/win/10.x/Adobe_FrameMaker_10_0_1_Readme.pdf.

Issues fixed in the update

1. ‘Print to PDF’ command now ask PDF destination even for 64 bit machines.

2. ‘Remove Overrides’ option is now available in Find/Change dialog box in unstructured Framemaker

as well.

3. Duplicate content was generated while saving in ePub format. Now content appears only once.

This is relevant for Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3 and Adobe FrameMaker Server 10

users.

4. ’Save as RTF’ command dropped graphics if the file path had Japanese characters or if the

graphic files had dpi more than 300. Now graphics remain in the RTF file as expected.

5. ‘Save as RTF’ command used to introduce some junk characters in Japanese version of Frame-

Maker. This has been fixed now.

6. FrameMaker used to crash during ‘Save As RTF’ command if the header/footer of the Frame-

Maker file contains a variable whose variable data has certain type of Japanese characters. This

has been fixed now.

7. FrameMaker 10 used to crash on performing spell-check on files having unicode quotation

marks i.e. U+2018, U+2019, U+201C, U+201D in user dictionary. This has been now fixed.

8. FrameMaker’s performance when dictionary language is changed frequently with Auto Spell

Check set to on has been improved.

9. Earlier fonts that contain CJK character sets were not showing correct hyphenation for certain

words. This has been fixed now.

10. FrameMaker 10 used to crash on using Ctrl+F4 to close Book files. This has been fixed.

11. FrameMaker was unable to save book, containing files with SVG reference, to XML. This has

been fixed now.

12. Some ExtendScript API’s in FrameMaker had memory leaks. This has been fixed now.

13. ExtendScript’s “ObjectValid()” function returned false for each table when we get a list of tables

using GetText(). This has been fixed now.

14. ExtendScript sample “BookMIFWash” had some errors. This has been fixed now.

15. Extend Script: Structure objects that contains members of type string

Extend Script: Structure objects that contains members of type string (Attribute, TextItem etc.)

were not returning the value of these members correctly on querying if the value contains Unicode

content. This has been fixed now.

16. Whitespaces were not removed correctly in case of inline conrefs. This has been fixed now.

17. UNICODETEXT renamed to UNICODE TEXT in ClipboardFormatsPriorities in maker.ini to make it

consistent with previous FrameMaker versions.

18. Cross references between different topicrefs of a ditamap were not working in the final PDF if

that PDF is produced from the book generated from ditamap. Now cross references work fine.

19. While publishing ditamap to Book, converting child ditamap to child book has been made configurable.

Child ditamaps now can be published as one compound document or as Child Book.

Parameter “GenerateFlatBook” under the section “OutputGeneration” can be set to 1 in

ditafm.ini for compound doc generation from child ditamaps. Default value is 0. When working

via API, another save parameter has been added namely, FS_DitaGenerateFlatBook.:

FV_DoUserPreference, FV_DoYes, FV_DoNo.

20. For some of the misspelled words the spellings correction was not showing the correct word as

first choice. This has been fixed now.

21. Ditamap title is now honored correctly in pdf/compound doc.

thanks,

Kapil Verma

Sr. Product Manager – FrameMaker and FrameMaker Server

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still the Product Manager for FrameMaker, I have a bone to pick with you, as the saying goes.

We recently upgraded from FrameMaker 9 to FrameMaker 11. After a week, we noticed that in our code examples all whitespace beyond one space had disappeared. Yes, we use an XML application to import and export XML documents. By now, you have probably caught my drift: we were burned by the RemoveExtraWhiteSpacesOnXMLImport option.

I do not really understand the utility of this option, but to have it on by default, and not warn users that FrameMaker is removing data from their documents, is irresponsible and inexcusable. It should never, NEVER, NEVER be the default to remove user data. In code, whitespace is as much data as the non-whitespace characters.

To make matters worse, this was first done in FrameMaker 10, has been complained of in the forums, yet it is STILL the default in FrameMaker 11. Is this a typical case of Adobe listening to its customers?

We will have to do a significant amount of work to restore our files to their former state, either by fixing the code in the current files or reverting to the pre-FrameMaker 11 version and redoing our work since that time. I am very tempted to bill Adobe for the expense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is not the best place to air these complaints. But since it was already done, I'll add my two cents, because I think this is one of the worst software miscalculations I've ever seen. In the arena where FrameMaker competes to be recognized as a "real" XML authoring tool, this issue deals a huge blow to the trust factor. I'll finish my two cents by pasting a recent comment I made on the Yahoo framedev forum, in a thread where somebody else ran into this setting and it messed up their files, like it did mine:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This setting aggravates me so much and I've ranted before, but feel like doing

it again. I think it is a deadly sin for an authoring program to alter your

content without telling you and it shocks me that after all these years, it is

still there. I understand that whitespace management can be tricky with XML and

the setting may be useful in some cases. But in others, whitespace is

significant and the removal of it changes the literature. This is positively

unacceptable.

It took me hours to restore the damage done to my files after this setting tore

them up, unbeknownst to me for some time. Were I not an FDK programmer, it might

have taken days. And, I'm still finding places that are messed up.

If the setting is so important and "On" is the correct default, for crying out

loud... there needs to be a warning message or something. You can't just change

people's content without any warning!

OK, I'm relaxed now.

Russ

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused. The link you provided doesn't list an update from 2013. The most recent download available at the site you linked to is for 10.0.2 and was uploaded in November of 2011. Is this an update for FrameMaker version 10? And where can it be found?

I have discovered that the HTML Setup utility is listed but not selectable (ghosted) on my system and may need to go through all the updates.

Thanks,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there have been several patches of FM 10 - see http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see. The last update I see for FM10 on the page you are linking to, is 10.0.2 that was uploaded in November of 2011. Has there been any updates since then? One in 2012 or 2013? Why are they not showing on the page???

Thanks,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last FM10 patch was in January 2013 to fix a licenisng issue that caused FM10 to stop working. See http://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/cant-launch-framemaker-10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I can see that from the new link you provided -- and that corresponds with what I remember. I am running 10.0.2.419 The earlier link showed this (I even reloaded the page):

NoNewDloads.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines