Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding after installation

Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded and installed Robohelp 10, but can't find it anywhere. How can I find it to work with it? Thanks!

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the RoboHelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff - should have put this one in the TCS installation forum

@showonroad - probably found in c:\program files\adobe\adobe robohelp 10\robohelp\ - look for RoboHelpHTML.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff but it does look like that forum is not set up to allow posts to be moved to them.  Unless you are referring to http://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker/techcom_suite_installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's the one - maybe Arnis is a moderator for that one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should this be in the TCS Installation forum if the poster has only downloaded Rh10

@showontheroad. By design Rh does not create any desktop icons but you should find it in the start menu, probably under Adobe. I don't have a machine with just Rh rather than the full Technical Communication Suite but I am reasonably certain that is where it will be found.

If not, then as Jeff_Coatsworth has covered, you can find the exe and then use Send To > Desktop as Shortcut.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I hadn't seen the complete thread and reacted to Jeff's messages. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peter - I'm slightly lost with this shuffle - there aren't any specific FM or RH installation issue forums except the TCS one (I believe that was because there isn't a standalone download path for either product these days, but I haven't checked that out)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't move it either Jeff. It must have gotten munged during the changeover last week.

[Found it. The entry was moved out of the FM forum levels and as a separate TechComm Suite entry]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines