• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any single file in my local folder of RoboHelp 10 which can be copied onto the application server?

Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleasant Hello Pals, ( This is Vipin Nambiar from Bangalore)

I am currently evaluating Adobe Robohelp 10 version for one of my technical architecture writing. Requesting help at the very earliest for the below-said big time hurdles.

I have completed my technical writing for a in-house application system and have generated and viewing the primary layout (courtesy File -> View -> Primary Layout. ) as Contents, Index, Glossary and would like these to be hosted onto the server so that all the users of this application can access these Contents, Index, Glossary and act as a knowhow notes to use this application.

Is there any single file in my local folder of Adobe RoboHelp 10 which can be copied onto the application server ?

(My Adobe RoboHelp 10 local folder contains

a.)Sub-folders called !Language!, !ScreenLayout!, !SkinSubFolder!, !SSL!

b.)File Types called *.ALI File, *.APJ File, *.Bitmap image, *.BRS File, *.Cascading Style Sheet Document, *.CPD File, *.FPJ File, *.GIF image, *.GLO File, *.H File, *.HHC File, *.HHK File, *.HHP File, *.HTML Document, *.HTT File, *.JPEG image, *.JScript Script File, *.LDB File, *.PPF File, *.PSS File, *.Robohelp HTML Project File, *.SSL File, *.XML Document)

Any help here will serve me in plentious

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

First, your username cannot be changed and it is not a good idea to have email addresses visible on any forum, unless you enjoy reading spam.

This question is covered in the online help. When you create an output it is generated to whatever folder you specify in the single source layout. Everything that is in that folder needs to go on the server.

If the help is in !SSL! > WebHelp, then everything in that folder including sub-folders is what needs to go on the server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, your username cannot be changed and it is not a good idea to have email addresses visible on any forum, unless you enjoy reading spam.

This question is covered in the online help. When you create an output it is generated to whatever folder you specify in the single source layout. Everything that is in that folder needs to go on the server.

If the help is in !SSL! > WebHelp, then everything in that folder including sub-folders is what needs to go on the server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in plentious Peter for your revert. Will be attempting to host the entire contents of this folder onto the application server in few days of time.

Aftermath I will provide the Start up Page Linkage  as index.htm which is available at my project folder of  \!SSL!\Multiscreen_HTML5\desktop  - Hope this is the way to do it ?

(so that all the users of this application can access these Contents, Index, Glossary and act as a knowhow notes to use this application)

My application is based on ASP .NET , 4.0 Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This attempt worked fine, Thanks Galore Peter for your very timely assist.

a.)Parked the entire RoboHelp project folder from my local machine onto my Application's server path

b.)My Application's Help was Linked in my code as -  index.htm calling from Application's server path of RoboHelp project folder\!SSL!\Multiscreen_HTML5\desktop  

And this WORKED - Hurray, Hurray, Hurray !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp