Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 11 conditional hypertext not handled by Webworks

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I realize this forum is not about Webworks -- sorry in advance is this post is against guidelines...but I think a number of us probably do use Webworks for conversions, so it seems useful to cross post this here.

After upgrading to Frame 11 two weeks ago, our hypertext markers are not creating links in our Webworks-generated HTML The hypertext markers are conditional text in Frame so that they are visible only in the HTML and not in the PDF.

The hyperlinks resolve in Frame. If we remove the cond settings, Webworks creates the link. If we put it back, no link is created, although "HTML" is set to "visible" in our Webworks project.

Has anyone else seen this? It seems that something changed in Frame 11 regarding conditional text and linking, and Webworks is not yet handling it. Does anyone know if any other related tools are affected by this change?

Thanks for any help,

Shelley Hoose

Rogue Wave Software

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might check with folks over in the frameusers.com mailing list?

So the idea is that you have a "Online" and "Print" condition and apply them to the links? Do you then set the Show/Hide to hide all the ones you don't want before sending it to Webworks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. We are hiding the links in the PDFs so they don't appear to be broken -- because they don't work.  🙂  But they do work in the HTML, so we have them visible there.  This is a design that has worked fine with Frame 9 and Webworks and now does not work with Frame 11.

I'll check the frameusers list -- good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I don't know how the Webworks gets the FM content, I wonder if looking at the MIF around the conditioning of the hyperlink might lend a clue. Also, what about trying something like MIF2Go to see if FM11 content converts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines