• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does scroll down and ctrl+end not work ?

Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleasant Hello Pals, (My Sincere Apologies if I am too naïve in asking this )

I am currently evaluating Adobe Robohelp 10 version for one of my technical architecture writing. Requesting help at the very earliest for the below-said big time hurdles.

I have compiled the contents/manual written in Design Editor courtesy File -> Generate -> Primary Layout (Multiscreen HTML5 …). The Primary Layout gets viewed courtesy File -> View -> Primary Layout. On viewing this Primary Layout for Contents or Index or Glossary, the robohelp system does not provide with any scroll down option nor <Ctrl + end > works for me and thereby proving major handicap to view the contents available at the bottom of the page. But <Ctrl + F > and finding by those words takes me to the desired part of the screen and then < Ctrl + home > does not work.

(tried attempting few research and analysis by upgrading my browser from IE 8 to IE 10 – does not work)

Any help here will serve me in plentious

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Sorted now?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to apply the recent patch. Help > Updates will download it or go to Item 14 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh10/using_rh10.htm for a link to download it. You need to go there anyway for the link to the release notes as the problem you describe needs some simple manual steps.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Galore Peter, will attempt this and revert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter,

The proposed solution from your end is not working. Am still not able to find scroll down nor < Ctrl + end > worked in the primary layout page. Hope I was supposed to perform the following steps  ?

Did :-

1.)Updated the latest patch : Inside Robohelp -> Help -> Updates. The System prompted out with message called “Updates. Your applications are all up-to-date as checked:less than a minute ago.”

2.)Deleted ScreenLayouts folder : by navigating through my system at

C:\Users\vnambiax\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\RoboHTML\10.00\MultiscreenExt

3.)Deleted Desktop_Layout screen layout : Inside Robohelp -> View -> Pods -> Project Set-up -> Clicked on + at Screen Layouts -> Right Clicked at Desktop_Layout -> Delete

4.)Created new Desktop_Layout : Inside Robohelp -> View -> Pods -> Project Set-up -> Right Click at Screen Layouts -> New Screen Layout… -> Choosed Desktop_Layout beneath Gallery -> OK

5.)File -> Save All

6.)File -> Exit

7.)Opened RoboHelp at Start

8.)File -> Generate -> Primary Layout (Multiscreen HTML5 …

9.)File -> View -> Primary Layout

Am still not able to find scroll down nor < Ctrl + end > worked in the primary layout page. Your help needed Peter, at the VERY EARLIEST.

Cheese – Vipin Nambiar, Bangalore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't shout that you need a quick answer. This is a user to user forum where the people providing answers are doing so when they can during their working day. If you want quicker answers, you need to use Adobe's Technical Support and pay for it.

Check that the update has been applied by going to the Help menu. You should see 10.0.1. If you don't see that, go back to my site and download the patch using the link there. Adobe's instructions do work as I have tested them.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted now?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gorgeous Hello Peter,

1.)First of all My Sincere Apologies to you of my polite request being sounded as discomfort, I absolutely did not mean for shouting and moreover I did not realize that users in this fora contribute the respective solutions out of their comfort zone.

2.)And another Apology for reverting late on the working status for this. Tried all the might  to get this 10.0.1 patch installed yesterday, alas did not. System kept on beeping that my Adobe Application Manager is damaged. Worked today – wherein I had to forcefully uninstall few Adobe related and re-install.

3.)Patch Worked, Courtesy :-

a. Copied the patch Robohelp 10.0.1 update (5.6 MB)  from  

[http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html | http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html] onto my local folder.

b.)Unzipped this patch onto my local folder

c.)Executed AdobePatchInstaller.exe  from the unzipped folder

d.)At Respective RoboHelp Project folder at the local harddisk -> Executed *.xpj file -> Help -> About RoboHelp HTML …  (it was 10.0.1 version and patch installed successfully)

e.)Navigated : C:\Users\vnambiax\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\RoboHTML\10.00\MultiscreenExt and deleted the folder ScreenLayouts

f.)At Respective RoboHelp Project folder at the local harddisk -> Executed *.xpj file -> View -> Pods -> Project Set-up -> Clicked on + at Screen Layouts -> Right Clicked at Desktop_Layout -> Delete

g.) At Respective RoboHelp Project folder at the local harddisk -> Executed *.xpj file -> View -> Pods -> Project Set-up -> Right Click at Screen Layouts -> New Screen Layout… -> Choosed Desktop_Layout beneath Gallery -> OK

h.)File -> Save All

i.)File -> Exit

j.)At Respective RoboHelp Project folder at the local harddisk -> Executed *.xpj file File -> Generate -> Primary Layout (Multiscreen HTML5 …)

k.)At Respective RoboHelp Project folder at the local harddisk -> Executed *.xpj file File -> File -> View -> Primary Layout

l.)Scroll Down , Scroll Up, < Ctrl + end >, < Ctrl + home > worked now successfully.

4.)THANKS GALORE Peter for all your efforts, You helped me in PLENTIOUS fashion.

Cheese – Vipin Nambiar, Bangalore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp