• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The utility, HTML Setup, is not available? What am I doing wrong?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a chapter file in FM10. I select File > Utilities, but the HTML Setup... option is ghosted and not selectable. I thought maybe something was wrong with my file, so I tried using one of the sample files provided by Adobe. Still no good. What am I missing???

Appreciate your insights.

Thanks,

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the first .fm file of book? Or have you just got the .book file open? Maybe a screenshot (use the camera icon in the web interface) would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a chapter file, not a book file. It is not the first file in the book, but I also checked the first file in the book . My cursor is located in the chapter file when I activate the menus (File > Utilities). You can see the word highlighted in the file.

NoHTMLSetup.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that the files have the HTML Reference pages.

@Jeff, if this was only in the Book file, the HTML Setup option would not even be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the file includes HTML Reference pages. Let's make sure that I understand. I perform View > Reference Pages. The reference pages are filled with a Headings Table, an HTML Mapping Table, an HTML Option Tables, etc.

NoUtilityRefPg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anything happen when you try the keyboard shortcut <esc> f t h  to open the HTML Setup window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arnis - that's what I thought. I find the use of the term "chapter" a bit imprecise around here in the forums. Some people talk about .book files as chapters, others the .fm files that make up a book - I've seen both uses. I just wanted the OP to clarify what they had open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. It puts an "h" character where my cursor is located. I tried other

ESC combinations. ESC SHIFT F L K worked.

Huh,

Kim

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Jeff_Coatsworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kim,

The last FM10 patch was in January to fix a licenisng issue that caused FM10 to stop working. It hasn't affected the ability to show the HTML Setup utility on any of the machines here.

The shortcut should be entered as lowercase letters and you press each key (and release) in sequence, <esc> f t h. This brings up the HTML Setup on my installations. If it doesn't on yours, then I suspect something in your installation has been corrupted. Unfortunately, you may need to re-install FM10 (and all of the patches in sequence).

However, before you attempt any re-installs, are you working on structured documents in the strucured mode (this is what it looks  like from your screen captures)? If the documents are NOT structured, then try switching to unstructured FM (via the Preferences). Note: do this only if you are completely certain that the docuemnts are unstructured, otherwise FM (after giving you a warning and a chance to bail) will strip out the structure when you open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Arnis!

I knew that there was an update in January 2013. I don't understand while the links everyone provides for downloads doesn't list any after November of 2011...

Yes I tried the key sequence. I even tried the Esc Shift+F L K sequence to make sure that the Esc sequences were working. They are working, just not the one you gave me.

I run in structured mode, but none of our files are structured (yet). I switched back to unstructured and restarted. Still no go. The option is still ghosted.

I think you are right. I need to reinstall.

Thanks so much for trying to help,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that Adobe has a utility update? I know that when I did a

search on the Forums, topics on fixing FM10 kept coming up. I know there

was a fix I had to perform. I know that they issued a workaround before

they had the solution. Maybe the workaround temporarily disabled the

utility and I never performed the actual fix that re-enabled it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, just tested in FM 10.0.2.419 & it shows the HTML Setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drats! Thanks for checking!

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Jeff_Coatsworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines