• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify is greyed out when using a smart object

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I convert an image to a smart object liquify becomes greyed out (along with some other filters) Im using the subscription version of photoshop CS6 so the software is up to date. Im working on a quad core mac pro with a ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.  You can't run Liquify on a Smart Object. You can open the SO (Layer>Smart Object>Edit Contents) and have access to Liquify. But it will alter the contents of the SO. So if you are worried about preserving the SO, make a copy of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liquify (and Blur Gallery) as Smart Filter is supposed to be enabled in the current Cloud version which is 13.1.2.

speckelectric, do you definitely have only the Smart Object targeted and does 'Photoshop > About Photoshop' definitely say 13.1.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conroy, I just got it sorted using the adobe customer service. Photoshop wouldn't actually let me update to 13.1.2 so I did wonder if that was the cause. In the end Adobe had to take over my computer (scary) uninstall photoshop and download it again, I was able to get the updates then and all seems to be working ok now, I can get liquify and the three blur filters that were greyed out. Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers Robert

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:03:47 -0700

To: twintubhotwash@hotmail.com

Subject: Liquify is greyed out when using a smart object

Re: Liquify is greyed out when using a smart object

created by conroy in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

Liquify (and Blur Gallery) as Smart Filter is supposed to be enabled in the current Cloud version which is 13.1.2. speckelectric, do you definitely have only the Smart Object targeted and does 'Photoshop > About Photoshop' definitely say 13.1.2?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5251635#5251635

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem with photoshop. I wanted to use liquify and warp on photoshop but it said it was unaviable I just bought it on my MAC and the Layer>Smart Objects> Edit Contents didn't work. DO i need to get something else or is it my MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use Warp and Liquify directly on a smart object. Just treat it as any other layer. What you cannot do is paint on it, clone, spot heal and other direct pixel edits.

You don't want "Edit Contents" - in fact that defeats the whole purpose. That opens the embedded file within the smart object, the original, and you don't want that. Then you could just as well have done it destructively on the original file without making it a smart object in the first place.

(The specific reason it didn't work in your case is probably because it's a locked "Background" layer. You need to double-click the layer to turn it into a floating layer, "Layer 0". But again - don't do that here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines