Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem copying images from Microsoft Word

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm evaluating your new RoboHelp 10.0, and I have a question regarding copying images from Microsoft Word.
If I copy a single image from Word and paste it to RH it works, but if I copy more than one (for example a whole document), it do not pastes the images (or eventually pastes only the selected text)
Is there a bug, or it intentionally acts like this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

I have finally found the cause of this problem.

In Word, open the document you sent me and go File > Options > Advanced > Web Options.

You will see an option Rely on VML...

Deselect that and save.

Now copy and paste.

I believe the setting is per document.

Please confirm that fixes the problem at your end.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I need to clarify this is a user to user forum, you are not talking to Adobe.

Rh9 introduced this feature and whilst I don't use it, I am sure it worked albeit with an issue that could be worked around and not this one. However, now I am getting the same result in Rh9 and Rh10. I have asked some questions of someone who does use the feature and am awaiting his response. I will post back as soon as I can.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue when the images in Word were PNG images. Is that likely the cause here? Try creating a brief document and paste in a GIF and a JPG image. Does that content paste in OK?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. Now all image formats are pasting in OK. Are you able to send me a document that is giving this problem? Create a new one with garbage text if it is all confidential. See Contact on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

I just sent you an email with a document that gave me the problem with copy/paste from Word.

Can you check it and let me know if you understand the cause?

A little update: now I note that some images are pasted without problem, and some other aren't. I don't exactly understand when the  problem happens.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the document and will look as soon as I can, that may well not be until Friday though.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were the images inserted into the document you sent, by pasting them in or by using Word's Insert > Picture option?

Also please send me the images that are in the document.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I sent you by e-mail the images I used in the document (added by Word's Insert-->Picture).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on this but not getting any conclusive results so far. I may need to send my findings to Adobe once I have set up some further tests.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally found the cause of this problem.

In Word, open the document you sent me and go File > Options > Advanced > Web Options.

You will see an option Rely on VML...

Deselect that and save.

Now copy and paste.

I believe the setting is per document.

Please confirm that fixes the problem at your end.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

I'm happy to confirm that your solution is working for this problem.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp