Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think Im in the right place. Anyway,

Im using

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Internet Explorer 10 32Bit

Flash Player Activex Version: 11.7.700.169

So I got my Popup about a Flash Player Update. I dont allow anything to Auto Update as I dont want anything running in the background without my permisssion. I clicked the Download button and Internet Explorer opened to Adobe Download page. After that, the Flash player Popup stopped responding and crashed. Flash player itself has seemed to install just fine but Im still curious what happend. Thanks

Im going on a "If its not broke, Dont fix it" Attitude right now. But if anyone knows the exact cause of this issue is, it would be nice. Not sure if you need an Event Log, but yeah

Action Cneter Report -

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_11_6_602_180_ActiveX.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: FlashUtil64_11_6_602_180_ActiveX.exe

Application Version: 11.6.602.180

Application Timestamp: 5130146c

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec4aa8e

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000000532d0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 8011

Additional Information 2: 80112c07e95609d10e5bb3c99a0d274a

Additional Information 3: 966a

Additional Information 4: 966a814851dd531d567dbd08e863461d

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 99552579

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Googling for a cause for this issue brought me to your post. Our company provides IT support to many companies and we're seeing this on so many PC's at so many sites, it's not even funny.

Basically the automatic updater is crashing but if we manually remove the existing version and manually install the latest version, it works fine. So far I've only seen it on PC's with existing version 11.6.602.180. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. In the past all Flash Player updates worked fine. This time I am getting the same message, application name, application version, exception code, exception offset that you have posted. I upgraded my IE 9 to IE 10 with the updates that I get from Microsoft in March. My guess is that it has something to do with that. I'm going with the same attitude "If it is not broken, do not fix it." But I know that I need to fix it soon. I am curious to learn about the cause of the problem. If I un-install this program from Control Panel -> Programs, does it un-install the "Shockwave Flash Object" add-on from IE? Or do you need an un-installer from adobe? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How often are you seeing these crashes?  I'll find out if we have seen an uptick here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this failure every two to three days that the Flash Player Update window pops up. The existing Flash Player version on my computer is 11.6.602.180 and the update tries to install version 11.7.700.169. Before IE 10, I think there were two versions of IE installed on 64 bit computers, IE 32 bit and IE 64 bit. With IE 10 only one version is installed and users can switch from one to another by choosing/unchoosing an option in the settings. My guess is that the structure of files have changed during the upgrade from IE 9 to IE 10 and Flash Player Update is not ready for it.

Do you know if I un-install the Flash Player from Control Panel -> Programs, it will uninstall the "Shockwave Flash Object" addon from IE as well? And what link should I follow to install it back? Is this the correct URL to use: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer or should I download the following installer? http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I was able to reproduce this on my system using the 64 bit version of IE (it does not occur for me with the 32 bit version.)  I've entered a bug (internal number 3548883) and we'll take a look at fixing this in an upcoming version.

Depending on what versions of Flash you have installed, uninstalling it from the control panel should remove the Shockwave Flash Object.  You can always download our latest version at either http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer or http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the only systems I've seen this issue with are on 64-bit systems, Windows 7 so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Chris for testing and working to fix the problem. Your comment about 32 bit and 64 bit versions makes sense. The upgrade from IE 9 to IE 10 changed the two versions into one version in our Windows 7 64 bit systems. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines