• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Flash Player 11.7 silently

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried different things that I found online, including the -install at the end of the command line but I still get prompted to walk through the installation process.  I need it to install silently.  Mozilla Firefox has a real simple switch you add to the end of your command line that works beautifully to install the program without any prompting.  Any ideas with Flash Player?  Desperate to fine something that works.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if there is anything in here that helps: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3063 (sorry, I don't have the 11.7 admin guide).

Also, you can download the full offline installers (for Windows ) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat for the reply.  I actually found my own answer yesterday afternoon, and hopefully it will help someone else with issue so I'm posting it now.  When I went to adobe and downloaded the Flash Player on the main site it downloaded 11.7 exe that was named install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_chrd_dn_aih.  When you put the -install at the end of the command line, it would not install the player silently.  I found another "naming" on a different adobe page that had 11.7 named install_flashplayer_11_activeX.  This exe DID install silently using the -install command.  I looked for this particular "naming" of the exe because that is the name given in the 11.7 Admin guide.  I have no idea why the exe on adobe's main site is not the same and not working with the silent command, but it doesn't.  Hope this helps somebody out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The aih file is the Adobe (or Akamai) install helper; a download manager - not the full installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again! KC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines