• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get back into my application aftermath invoking Start up page of index.htm ?

Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gorgeous Hello All,

If anyone of you can please provide me a solution for the following, will help me in plentious and galore.

Am using Adobe RoboHelp, Version 10 and IE version being 10.

A hurdle :-

I have a application which has been developed in ASP .NET, Version 4.0. Help link has been created in this application wherein here the Start up page of index.htm has been linked to be read from the RoboHelp local project folder\!SSL!\Multiscreen_HTML5\desktop. All are working absolutely fine except when

I login into the above-said application -> click on the Help page -> the index.htm opens with Contents, Index, Glossary -> Am able to successfully perform any task by respective clickings

-> But I am not able to get back into my application when I click on the IE provided Back button (Alt+Left) -> Any amount of invoking Back button makes the system getting looped into this Start up page of index.htm only -> When I Close Tab (Ctrl + W) or Close ( X ) -> The window session gets closed and I have to repeat all by relogin once again.

How can I get back into my application aftermath invoking Start up page of index.htm ?

(I can always get back into the application easily by erasing those parts in the url which refers to this RoboHelp linkages – but this certainly looks non-polished work)

Help Please

Cheese – Vipin Nambiar, Bangalore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forward & Back buttons are only going to work for navigating a "Browse Sequence" that you've defined and included in your project's help file generation. They don't have any relation to your familiar browser Forward/Back functions.

You should be able to close your help instance and relaunch it again from your application - is this not happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Galore Jeff for your efforts in that comeback.

a.)When I close the help instance - The referred application system from where I am launching this Help also gets closed. Aftermath I will have to relogin into my application system (AGAIN)  and then re-launch this Help (ONCE AGAIN). I do not find any option(s) in the Help instance where I can go back to my application in that same login session. Hope you are able to decipher my English here ?

b.)Thought of incorporating a Home button in that Help instance which will have redirect url back to my application system. Is this possible and how do I do this ? Any Knowhows here Jeff ?

Cheese - Vipin Nambiar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like your application is already running in a browser - that definitely sounds like launching the help should either (a) launch in a new tab or (b) launch an entirely new instance of your browser - you can probably control these by fiddling with your browser settings that control how new instances are handled or perhaps by the way you are launching the help from the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep Jeff , You are right. My application is already running in a browser.

Absolutely True - The Help should launch in a new tab or a new instance of my browser. Both of these 2 options are not getting performed.

Thanks Jeff for sparing your valuable efforts !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browsers are you using? Is it behaving the same in all browsers? Check your browser settings to see if new windows are created in their own tabs or a separate instance by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, I used Internet Explorer 10.0.9200 and Google Chrome 26.0.1410. Alas - it is the same behavior.

(But Jeff : When I used Microsoft HTML Help as primary layout to generate chm file , My Help when launched from my Application opened in a new browser window and when I closed this Help browser window did not close my application. Looks like need to write few liner code to get this issue settled )

Thanks Indeed of lots for your concerns Jeff !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHMs open in their own browser, not IE, Firefox and so on.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@vknmk - make sure you've applied all the recent patches for RH10 and fix your help up - the latest one addressed issues with IE10.

And, as Peter says, MS HTML Help = .CHM file, which are a completely different beastie than WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you perhaps opening the help in the same browser window as your app? Perhaps the help should open in a separate browser tab?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a. Yep Peter - Help opens in the same browser window as my app.

b. The help does not open in separate browser tab.

c. Unable to decipher this difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp