• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links in RoboHelp Linked Documents

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When linking word document the links in the document file (which are internal to the document) are not updated in RoboHrlp10. I have to re-link the links again before output generation. Does not RoboHelp retain links in the document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the options when you link? There is an option for Convert Cross References to Hyperlinks. I am wondering if that is behind your problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! I have resolved the issue by relinking them in robohelp again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but if you really mean Linked documents in Rh, every time you update, those links are going to need fixing again. Are you Linking or Importing?

@petergrainge

'

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have linked word documents and while updating the links are removed and a message is displayed while generating output that the file is updated out of RH and in word. When am checking the Preserve the copy in RH it is keeping the links else it is not keeping the links.

Could you tell me where to find "option for Convert Cross References to Hyperlinks"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the document in Project Manager and select Properties. You should then see an Edit button that takes you to the dialog where you mapped your styles. Click Other and you will see the option.

There is a page on Linking on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done the below mentioned procedure and it worked. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp