Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting a condition tag on an element

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of XML files that I import to FrameMaker using a custom structured application based on S1000D. I would like to not show some of the data in the XML files in the final FM document, but preferably not remove it. Is there some way to set condition tags on an element using extendscript? Or is there a way to specify it in the EDD for the structured application? Any other suggestions?

Best regards,

Lisbeth

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

No problem. In the same EDD you can assign a special paragraph format to a title that follows a hidden element, making it stay on the same page instead of moving to the top of the new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisbeth,

I am doing this with a couple of files and as I am pragmatic about these things I use the EDD to assign a particular paragraph format to the data I wanted to remove. That paragraph format is set to white font color, 2 pt high with no space above, no space below and 0 pt line space. This effectively removes the content from the visible document.

Getting into automatically applied conditions in FrameMaker might not be the easiest thing to do. My method does not require any scripting.

Kind regards

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that would be the easiest thing, if it weren't for the fact that the next element (the title) needs to start on the top of the page. Having the tiny white text on the first page pushes the title to the next page, leaving the first page looking blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. In the same EDD you can assign a special paragraph format to a title that follows a hidden element, making it stay on the same page instead of moving to the top of the new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think of that, but yes, it should work. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always go for the easiest solutions. Makes me save time for fun stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines