Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webservice: Problem passing long string 8k

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a webservice who receives a string parameter (xml). I send it a string shorter than 8 kb  a no problem but when I send a long string longer than 8 kb, it has problems.

Do someone know how can I fix this?

Where can I modify this value?

regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with the webservice provider and see if either A) they can accept compressed strings and can uncompress; or B) if you can break it down into smaller chunks.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are invoking the web services via a GET request, many servers can be setup to prevent GET requests of certain lengths,  however, most allow moderate 20MB+ submissions for a POST.

Are you able to POST data to the web service instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your recomendations, The problem is still there. I'm doing a POST.

I already did the same sample in CF9 and I don't have the problem there. The only diference is the that the CF9 is a physical server with Win Server 2008 R2 and the CF 10 is a virtual with WIn Server 08 R2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation