• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft downloads for WinHelp in KB 917607 do not apply to server 2003

Participant ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a user who is attempting to load our WinHelp project on his Windows 2003 server

The procedures in the KB article for downloading the winhelp engine apply only to server 2008 and when he attempts to use that, he gets a message that it is not valid for his server version.

Does anyone have any experience with running WinHelp projects on server 2003?

Please note - this is NOT a question about running RoboHelp on a server

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

I have no experience of this but the page below seems to indicate that winhelp should run on Server 2003 without needing to download the engine.

http://blog.komeil.com/2009/06/windows-help-program-winhlp32exe-for.html

I wonder if he had tried to run the help before trying to download this later engine and the help failed to work, prompting the search. The page also refers to GID files and that makes me wonder if that is the issue. I do recall that if you shipped both the HLP and the GID, there wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no experience of this but the page below seems to indicate that winhelp should run on Server 2003 without needing to download the engine.

http://blog.komeil.com/2009/06/windows-help-program-winhlp32exe-for.html

I wonder if he had tried to run the help before trying to download this later engine and the help failed to work, prompting the search. The page also refers to GID files and that makes me wonder if that is the issue. I do recall that if you shipped both the HLP and the GID, there would be problems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I suspect you are right and that server 2003 predated Microsoft pulling the executable from their OS's

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp