• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Lab keeps losing CS6 Activation

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a site license for the CS6 suite and a computer lab of 30 set up so that each has the software. I logged in on each with my Adobe ID and entered the serial number to activate the software and it appears to be working. But after a few weeks, some of the computers revert to the trial version and I have to re-enter the ID and serial number to get it working again. Why is this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GundersonTechnology which operating system are you using in your computer lab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 8

I'm working on the same OS on my laptop with the same licensing at work and I've had no problems. In the lap we're on iMacs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry GundersonTechnology but can you please verify that.  Most of our CS6 products require Mac OS 10.6.8 or later operating systems.  You can find the version of Mac OS you are using by going to the Apple Menu and selecting About this Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant 10.8 sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a system optimizer or any type of recovery program on your lab computers which might be adjusting files or the state of the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible the students using the computers maybe going to Help and selecting Deactivate?  We don't have any known issues with Mac OS computers loosing the licensing information.

You may also want to take a look at the login items on the computers exhibiting this difficulty and the systems which are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not likely that the students would deactivate the license as they would no longer be able to use Photoshop to work on their images and the teacher would just reactivate it... so I don't see any motivation there.

I will take a look at the login items. Should there be any login items related to the licensing existing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there are no login items related to Adobe which are installed with Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got off the phone with Adobe support and they asked me to go onto a computer station with the problem, quit all Adobe apps and go to the system library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe PCD > Cache... and delete the cache.db file. Then, I had to re-enter the serial number (not the ID, it was still there). So, this may or may not solve the problem. I guess I'll wait and see if the license sticks on this computer station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update GundersonTechnology.  The cache.db file stores information such as the serial number for your installed Adobe Creative software.  You may also want to keep track of the modification date on this file to see if it is being removed or modified around the same time period as the licensing information becomes unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip. Will do. Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines