• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of PDF output created in FrameMaker

Advisor ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting different page sizes when I print a FrameMaker document directly to a printer and when I create a PDF file from FrameMaker and print the PDF. The page printed by PDF seems to be reduced to 95% of the page printed by FrameMaker. I have tried both Save as PDF and printing with Adobe PDF as the printer.  I've used a fully-updated version of Acrobat 9 Pro and the version of distiller installed with FM 11. I've tried FM 10 and FM 11. I've used two different computers (one with Windows 7 and one with Vista) and two different printers. I've changed PDF job options. Six months ago, I printed an earlier version of the same document from PDF without this problem. Can someone suggest what might have changed? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the print pdf dialog box so that no scaling is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynne,

Check to see that the Scale to Fit option isn't enabled in the Acrobat print options. This typically takes into account the printer margins and would give about a 95% scaling that you mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michael and Arnis. Has the default changed recently? The copy shop where I sent the PDF file was unaware of the option as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lynne,

I can't remember if any of the defaults changed in Acrobat v.9 (it's at v.XI now). However, the options in the Acrobat Print settings are "sticky", so perhaps it was set for one job and not noticed when yours was run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines