• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Locating After Effects Folder

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Windows 7 (64 bit) and After Effects (AE) CS6.  I installed AE using the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium.  I can not locate my AE folder anywheres.  I have every other Adobe folder other than this one.  I'm trying to install presets I've purchased from a third party.  Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

I didn't have After Effects folder anywheres on my computer.  I had access to all other Adobe programs folders but AE.  AE was still opening and working properly.  Didn't make any sense.  I uninstalled and reinstalled everything is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you changed anything, it's still in C:\Program Files\Adobe\After Effects CS6 and the respective sub-folders inside...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't changed anything it's just not there.  Might try to uninstall and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open After Effects?  Or are you unable to open or locate After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have After Effects folder anywheres on my computer.  I had access to all other Adobe programs folders but AE.  AE was still opening and working properly.  Didn't make any sense.  I uninstalled and reinstalled everything is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  Thank you for the update Stormbranson!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had PS (Photoshop), PR (Premier), AE (After Effects), and AU (Audition) pinned to my taskbar in that order.  I don't know if this had any effect on what happened with the missing folder, but I want you to have as much information as possible to help patch whatever occured.  Thanks for the quality products Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your appdata or your program data. you can find these by opening explorer and typing %APPDATA% ot %PROGRAMDATA%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines