Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Getting Started

May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just getting started with Robohelp and am having many problems navigating and modifying my project

I very easily was able to import a .HLP file, set up a TOC, and generate a Multiscreen layout with default settings

Now I am attempting to edit this

I want to do things like:

• Change colors, fonts, and layouts and make other CSS changes.  there seems to be a different CSS for each layout instead of being one centralized CSS like I have seen in tutorials
  • Index all documents
  • Build a glossary
  • Apply skins
  • Change default layout( I set this but now can not find how to get back to it so I can change it)

Documentation I am finding does not seem consistent with my setup

Can someone point me towards a tutorial where I can get a good overview of how the system works

Feel free to answer the above questins but I am going to have many more so direction on good documentation would be helpful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesson one:

Answer the following question:

What product are you working with?

A: RoboHelp for Word

B: RoboHelp HTML

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

I did not know there were 2 products in this forum

I am using Robohelp HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick probably doesn't want to say this himself, but he has a very good and quite cheap assembly of RoboHelp introduction book: Gooberguides. A few bucks help you get up to speed quickly. See http://www.gooberguides.com/

Another, but more expensive way is the Iconlogic training books (sorry Rick!) They are also good, but which one you need is something of a personal preference. See http://www.iconlogic.com/titles.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.gooberguides.com/  looks great.  However, I am looking to see what materials are avbailable with the license.  Am I making a bad assumption that Adobe has something available that can assist in self-paced training.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but all you have with the Adobe license is the help file. If you want, I believe the help file has a PDF option that allows you to print it off if you like.

The help system was never designed as something to teach you how to use the product. It's simply there to offer help for whatever feature you were using at the time you summoned help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are not detailed tutorials but you might find something of use.

http://tv.adobe.com/product/robohelp/

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp