• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I get choppy playback in Adobe Premiere Pro cs6?

New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The playback is really choppy.

What I am using:

(Brand New) iMac

Processor  3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

Nikon D5100 DSLR

Shot in 1080i 30 fps

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An i5 and DSLR video is not a great combination

This message has a really good graphic about requirements - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/810750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so no solution at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try following this and see if it works.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/nikon-d7000-footage-stutters-playback.html

Dont know if they got this fixed yet.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, take your question to the Hardware forum.  But I'd be wondering about your drives?  When I built my 3930K system a year and a bit ago, it still stuttered in the timeline until I added a raid0 for the project files, (with DSLR H.264 footage)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted the files and lowered playback quality, helped a lot but still some issues when get into major editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how you got that MVP title because both of your answers were so useless. First of all, I don't think an i5 of 3.2ghz really has a problem with DSLR cameras and how it can handle it. Second, the fact that he's using 1080i with 30fps should not be giving him issues in post. So your links are not for this forum my friend, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe how bad the playback is in Premiere Pro CC, and, how little help there is out there. Raw MOVs from a 5D plays back like garbage on my laptop or 8 core Mac Pro. Its ridiculous. I'm better off transcoding to ProRes and using FCP which works, or God forbid, go back to using Avid like its 1999. Unfortunately It has nothing to do with the two graphic cards or 32 gigs of memory I have either, it just plays back like garbage. Using the JKL keys is completely awkward because the lag between hitting the key and playback is excruciating. I'm at 1/2 resolution and it cant play back footage without being choppy. no FX, and the footage and hardrive is on a 6g SSD. This should be screaming.

Adobe, seriously, live up to your other products standards, they are so good, why does this one just bomb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines