• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Word Tables are Coming into FrameMaker as Text Boxes

Participant ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I am converting a Word file into FrameMaker (FM) the same way for the past 10 years---now all of a sudden the Word tables are converting to text boxes, ahh! I open the Word file in FM, apply all my formatting & page layouts from my template, and then I go through and apply styles, format, etc.---this is the 2nd time in 2 weeks where ALL tables convert into text boxes in FM, help! I need to get these docs out ASAP! Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of FM? Which version of Word? Have you tried RTF instead? For an immediate fix, try copying & pasting the tables from Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis, it's happened with both FM8 & 10, and Word 2010. It's also happened when I save a PDF as an RTF---always worked in the past w/o any issues at all, but I just saved a 70-page doc from PDF to RTF, and ALL tables came in within text boxes...?

I just saved the Word file as an RTF, brought it into FM, & it worked, thank God! Thank you so much for your help----what do you suggest about the PDF to RTF tables-in-text boxes issue? THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screen capture (use the camera tool in the Forum answer box) of a small sample table in Word and then what it looks like when imporrted into FM. Also, turn on all borders and text symbols in FM.

Why are you saving from PDF to RTF when you have the originals in Word??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What settings are you using when you import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines