• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Download Lightroom as anything but a trial!

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since mid-March I've been trying to get Adobe Lightroom to download as something other than a trial.  I am a creative cloud member and since then I've downloaded a number of programs with absolutely no problem, so I obviously know how to do it,  When I download it, it ALWAYS downloads as a thirty day trial, and it will not let me license it without a serial number.  I have uninstalled and downloaded it twice and have gotten the same results.  Please help, I need this program to be permanently on my computer! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logging in to creative.adobe.com/apps then downloading LR4 via the Adobe Application Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I checked and I have downloaded all the other programs that way and they were fine.  Lightroom is the only problem.  I downloaded Dreamweaver that was a trial and then licensed it, so I know how to do that, too.   So I can't really understand what the problem is.

if it helps I have a PC and am using Windows 7. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MoreeenPhoto what process did you go through to install Dreamweaver?  It sounds like you downloaded the trial and then choose the option to License this Software?

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4396277#4396277?tstart=0 for information on how to download and install your Adobe Creative Cloud applications using the Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the whole deal.  I got into the creative cloud business because I needed Dreamweaver, which I had as trial but converted to a creative cloud membership.  Since then, AS A CREATIVE CLOUD MEMBER I have downloaded Muse, Fireworks and probably one or two other things with ABSOLUTELY no problem at all.  They did not register as a trial.  They went right onto my desktop.  Dreamweaver is no  longer a trial and it works fine too.  But Lightroom is only downloading as a trial-and I did get it from the Adobe Applications Manager- the same exact way I got Muse and Fireworks.  It really is not about how I downloaded it because I have done it the same way with Muse and Fireworks with no problem.  It's a problem with the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom has to be installed and licensed through the Adobe Application Manager.  Please remove your current installation and reinstall via the Adobe Application Manager per the directions offered in message #4.

Lightroom uses slightly different installation and licensing technology which is why it is neccessary to install it through the Adobe Application Manager unlike some of the other programs you have installed.

Moving forward I would recommend you also use this workflow for installing any additional applications you would like to utilize as part of your subscription.  Not only does this help ensure that you are downloading the latest version of the software available, per your subscription, but it also helps ensure that the software is being tied properly to your Creative Cloud license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines