Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe have a download manager or a 3rd party sponsored download manager

New Here ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aloha,

Having significant difficulty getting a Adobe download completed and unzipped.

1) Can't get a complete download of zipped files AdobeEncoreContent_en-US.zip & EncoreContentEnglish.zip.

2) If successful in the download, neither of my unzip programs will work on unzipping the content.

Any help please

mahalo-n-aloha...konadon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What exactly means "can't"?

2. What are your "unzip programs", and what exactly does "not work"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Pat,

Can't means several unsuccesfull attempts to download from the adobe site at      http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

my unzip programs are 1) the imbedded browser program within OS WIN7 & Firefox, 2) 7zip.

I don't use a download manager and just learned about Akamai from the reply by kglad, however, all of my downloads have been from Adobe and according to the url provided by kglad, I should aoutomatically recieve a copy of Akamai Download Manager along with my Adobe downloads, and that has not been my experience thus far.

Mahalo-n-aloha...konadon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aloha Pat,

As I was replying to you, I again tried to download from the above URL and it quit after 338MB of the 734MB file, and I still don't have the Akamai Download Manager accompanying the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for most content downloaded from adobe, the akamai dl manager is automatically downloaded and installed.  but that doesn't happen for all content.

you will need to find a more stable connection or use a 3rd party download manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha All,

Inspite of not having the Akamai DLM, I was finally successful at 2200 HST in downloading both of the Encore library Content files I had been referred to.

The problem with my unzip programs not performing was due to the downloads being incomplete, therefore neither program could unzip.  Both zipped files were successfully unzipped and the content of both loaded into NCOR.

my issues are resolved and many mahalos-n-alohas for those who replied.

Konadon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines