• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not working in internet explorer 10 or Firefox.

New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im going insane right now because I can only view a certain document using internet explorer as it wont allow me to view it with Chrome, the problem is Internet explorer is just like a bunch of blank pictures with missing links and nothing works. I realized the inanimate nature of IE is that FLASH is not working. The most frustrating part about all this is that Flash Player 11.7 is installed on my computer! Everything works fine in Google Chrome, Firefox will give me the error that I need to download Adobe Flash to view the videos, but Internet Explorer says nothing its just blank thumbnails or still pictures or a black video. For the moment ignore firefox I only need help with internet explorer. I have tried everything listed on these forums with no success. Active X filtering is disabled, hardwell accelaration is off, in Manage Addons it says that Shockwave Player (Adobe Flash player 11.7.700.179 is installed correctly and its enabled) My Java is up to date and enabled. The only thing is that when I go into control panel and search for Flash, it says that Active X Version:  11.7.700.179 is Installed, But Plugin Version says Not Installed. I have done a full uninstall of flash and even cleaned out my registry and did a full reinstall and followed all the help advice on Adobes website and no matter how many times I reinstall Flash it doesn't work. Please help this is driving me insane!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding IE, check

For Firefox you need to install the plugin; download it from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... (under the heading Progress bar hangs...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox works now but IE still does not work...

I stated in my OP that I already disabled active x filtering that is not my problem, i also have the latest version of flash installed.

When I go to IE and go to manage add ons Shockwave player does not show in the Currently loaded add ons, but if I change the category to "All Addons" I can see

Name                Shockwave Flash Object

Publisher           Adobe Systems Incorporated

Status              Enabled

Architecture        32-bit and 64-bit

Name:                   Shockwave Flash Object

Publisher:              Adobe Systems Incorporated

Type:                   ActiveX Control

Architecture:           32-bit and 64-bit

Version:                11.7.700.169

File date:              ‎Today, ‎May ‎07, ‎2013, ‏‎6 minutes ago

Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎May ‎07, ‎2013, ‏‎9 hours ago

Class ID:               {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Use count:              10

Block count:            0

File:                   Flash64_11_7_700_169.ocx

Folder:                 C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

It says its enabled, but it doesn't work at all in Internet Explorer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can nobody help me on this entire forum!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I simply have no other idea.  When I see "blank pictures" I would think about updating the graphics drivers, but since it works correctly in Firefox and Chrome, that's not it.

Everything in your setup seems correct, so I really don't know what is not working in IE.  One last thing to try: Tools | Internet options | tab Advances: tick Use software rendering...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble. Since the most recent update back in April my flash player has been crashing on IE. But it had been working. It crashed again last night but when I refreshed the browser I got a message saying my Adobe Flash is out of date, it needs to be ver. 10 or higher. As with you I have ver 11.7. It more than likely has to do with the latest update, but I don't know how to undo the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem for the last couple of days. This is what worked for me. Very simple.

1. Go to tools in internet explorer and click on Manage add-ons

2. Select Shockwave flash object - if its enabled, disable it.

3. Close the browser and open it again

4. Go manage add-ons and enable the flash obect again.

the flash player should work. Looks like there is some bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines