• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

glitch du jour …

Advisor ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… not the level of stability we have generally come to appreciate!

I'm updating a ToC style. Esc, o, p, d opens the Designer as usual, and double-click on the highlighted New Tab Stop opens the Edit Tab Stop dialog  – so far so good. I enter the new position and click on an Alignment or a Leader radio button, and the Designer disappears.

I click on [Continue] anyway, and open the Designer again: the alignment and leader settings have not been changed.

I have of course closed and restarted FM before posting, in case it was just punishing me for moving tab stops in the ruler. No improvement.

I feel irritated enough to roll up my sleeves and wrestle with MIF to see whether I can get the settings I want, but if anyone has any tips on what's going on and how to avoid it …

N

p.s. fwiw, just before this I had noticed that clicking in a ToC entry, opening the paragraph designer and clicking in another entry with a different style was closing the designer instead of updating the designer with the properties of the second style

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niels

I've just tested this with Fm 11.0.1 and my Para Designer stays open. Does it make any difference whether you have the Para Designer docked or floating?

Y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niels,

Try undocking he Designer from the sidebars in the workspace. There have been flakey behaviours reported when dealing with tabs in the Paragraph designer when docked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, OK … thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Designer.

I tried undocking the Designer first: sometimes it stayed open, sometimes it coyly iconised itself. Poking around, I found the Auto collapse and Auto show options were selected: I've experimentally deselected them, and so far this seems to have solved the problem.

If that was the cause, I'm left to wonder what extra-obscure keyboard shortcut could have changed the settings; I'm pretty sure I've never touched them myself.

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines