• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UDVs in alt tags

New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a way to place UDVs into alt tags on links and images? I know that UDVs can be placed in the <title> element now, but the method doesn't seem to extend to tags within links and images. I tried adding &lt;udv_name&gt; to my tags but they just came out as <udv_name> in the output. I suppose I could maintain a copy of all UDVs in a separate list and dynamically replace <udv_name> placeholders in the output with their intended values (via jQuery), but this seems to be an unnecessary faff. Is there a better way to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you put the images in the UDV instead? I’m not sure what you want to accomplish, but if you use the same image multiple times, you can add the entire image to the UDV.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Willam.

I just found out today about placing images in UDVs (there's a post about it on Colum's site) but I'm thinking in more general terms about the placement of UDVs in attributes, and that goes beyond just images.

Let's say I have a UDV that I want to place in the title attribute of a hyperlink, so as to provide a little more info on mouseover – I can't seem to do that right now. If anyone has a workaround for this apparent limitation, I'd be glad to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is not possible. And I don’t have a workaround for that at this moment.

You may want to request this as a feature for new versions: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp