• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install adobe reader XI.

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have installed on my Windows XP Professional SP3 Adobe Reader 9.5.0. The updater have notified me that AR XI was available, i have tried to install it, but soon i received the notice "Installation not successful - Error: null".  I've tried with many solutions to solve it: disinstalling first the 9.5.0 version (using Revo Pro Uninstaller) e try again. Then i've tried by downloading manually the XI version (i usually use Chrome as browser, but i have tried also with I:E:8 and tried also by saving first the .exe file and running it in a second time). In this case, the Adobe installer progress bar goes till the end and says "Installation succesful", but AR XI is not really installed (no folder in C/Program/Adobe named "Adobe XI" was created, and i can't open any PDF file at all). I've re-installed 9.5.0. version, and tried  to install the XI once again (both manually e by the uploder), but the result was the same: or "Installation not succesful - Error: null" (updater), or a "fake""Installation succesful" (manually).  Fortunately, the 9.5.0 keeps on working, but i should like to know why the XI version does not. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using this tool to first remove all traces of Reader:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then, you can download the offline Reader installer from

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

After downloading, restart your computer and run the installer before doing anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried as Claudio suggested me, but it didn't solve. Launching the setup.exe, the process goes ahead until it finishes the "Exctract Installation Files...", but after that, nothing more happens, and no Reader has been installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand, from where did you get a 'setup.exe' file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i've called it "setup.exe". I was meaning the "AdbeRdr 11000_it.exe", the one downloaded from the link:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goal, Pat! It also instantly upgraded itself, then i rebooted PC, and AdobeReader XI is now working great!

Was it so simple?!

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where the hell you got this link?

I had the same problem installing AR XI from zero and the only things I found were the links to the offline installer (.exe) and the acrobat cleaner.

None of them worked, so I had to use another pdf reader!

Why this solution isn't on the troubleshooting page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get any Reader installer from the Adobe FTP site ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/

All I had to do is to transform the ftp download link into a http link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

I was having similar issues regarding error messages when trying to update on Widows 7.

I followed the uninstall and reinstall advice to no avail. I did get Reader XI to successfully install when I clinked the link you provided in response to hj62mamocchio but it's Italian language.

I would like to simply install in English without the need for the full Multi lingual version. Please advise.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it from the FTP link I posted in my last message, or directly from http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.00/en_US/AdbeRdr11000_en_US.msi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I'll certainly give it a whirl.

A final question if I may: How do I allow future updates without incurring error messages?

Is it an anti virus software issue?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know.  I have never gotten any errors when installing Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and followed your instructions.  However, my Adobe Reader is now in Italian.  How can I change it to English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions I provided to hj62mamocchio was for the Italian version of Adobe Reader.

Uninstall it, then download the English version from the link that Claudio posted near the beginning of the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Pat!  You're superb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the new version is not very compatible with XP. Adobe forgive me, but I do not see much progress in versions ranging succeeding. You could have stayed with the previous version. Or, evolve into the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader XI and Acrobat XI work very well on Windows XP SP3.  Your comments in various posts are not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Win 7 on a new drive and couldn't install Adobe Reader nor Flash Player.  Tried reinstalling windows 64 and 32 bit but still couldn't install Adobe Reader nor Flash Player.

Finally got older versions that had the install software imbedded and that worked!  

It appears that the adobe install software is causing the problem.  I still can't install any of the newer versions.

Win 7 Home, on a Dell Vostro 410.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exactly means "can't" and "couldn't"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines