• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why will Flash player not install on my computer (Internet Explorer is not open)?

New Here ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will Flash player not install on my computer (Internet Explorer is not open)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hamlin,

Can you please share your OS details next time you post your queries? From your Internet Explorer browser detail, I guess your's is a Windows based machine. Can you please read the following:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Hope the above helps.

With regards,

Prabhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7.  64 bit   .I have read the help documents regarding installation problems.  I have "enabled" active scripting in both Internet and Trusted Sites.  I have changed the system to allow pop ups. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried to uninstall the current version of Flash Player and got the same message - will not allow uninstall unless Internet Explorer is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Task Manager the only thing I see is "Tasks".  I do not see the Processes tab.  I have seen this in the past along with measures of other activity, but not anything now.  I tried the Start/Search - nothing about Processes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the Task Manager is running, select the Processes tab.  On older Windows version you may need to click on the Process Name or Image Name header to sort the process names.

Now right-click on every process that the Flash Player installer needs to close (e.g. iexplore.exe), then select End Process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hamlin2010 wrote:

When I open Task Manager the only thing I see is "Tasks".  I do not see the Processes tab.

You do not see something lik this:

tmgr.PNG

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?  I have never seen a Task Manager with a Tasks tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can not figure out how to post a screenshot!  but when I do ctr-alt-del all I see is "Tasks".     Adobe needs to fix this glitch to the installer big time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a "glitch"; in order to install an update, the old version must be uninstalled.  For this, all programs that use Flash Player must be closed.

To post a screenshot see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way of "closing" Internet Explorer is not to open it at all:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that I used to see the Task Manager screen shot you sent to me before.  I just had Dell Support connect to my computer last week.  Maybe the guy did something to hide the other tabs (he also managed to delete all my files I had on my desktop  and all of my Recycle Bin).  I will contact them tomorrow.  I checked the same thing on another computer and saw the same Task Manager screen that you sent.  Thanks for all your help.  I will let you know if I get the problem resolved.  Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines