Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in linking button with videos in C6

May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I tried to do in Captivate 6…

1. I created two separate video demos and saved them (ext *.cpvc). Let's call them as P1 and P2.
  2. I created a third project P3, which has a slide with two buttons on it. 
  3. Then I linked each button in P3 to P1 and P2 respectively.
  4. Next I published the project P3. After I published it I copied P1 and P2 in the callees folder of the published project P3, so that when I run the slide and click the buttons the respective video demos P1 and P2 should appear as per the settings.
  5. But, instead of P1 and P2 opening, I get an error message saying that, “The file not found in the specified location. Please check the path or internet location.”

I had following doubts in my mind regarding this message…

1. Are the video demos linked to the buttons with the correct extension? I have linked the *.cpvc files to the buttons.
  2. I copied the video demos to the callees folder. Is this the correct thing to do? Or is there any other place where I should have copied the two linked demos?
  3. Or is it not feasible at all to call a video demo using a button on a slide in captivate?

I am in deadly hurry to knock this down. Please help me showing these videos.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although linking between normal cptx-files can be done by pointing to the cptx, I don't believe that is possible with cpvc files.

My work flow should have been totally different: I would have created a recording slide both for P1 and P2 in the P3 file but that is now not possible anymore. You cannot insert a CPVC raw file in a CPTX-file (hope it will be possible in the future).

Since you already have the cpvc-files, I am afraid that you'll have to publish to MP4 and link to the published files, or insert them as animations.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I tried this option of first publishing P1 and P2 into mp4 files. Then when i browse to link them to the buttons in P3, I can only see cpvc files and no mp4 files. That means, it doesn't allow linking mp4 files at all. Please let me know if there is any other way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

If you want to link to them, you need to use the "Open URL or File" option. But I might think that would be a bit problematic, as there may be no video player associated and the user might just end up with a download link.

A better option would be to insert them as videos on different slides or inside Rollover Slidelets.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources