• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph formats

Explorer ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WS9C1C7C1B-1096-4c93-9B8A-5639FC0A1BFC.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the heck don't you tell us how to access these catalogs? I've looked everywhere and can't find how to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Window > Panels > Catalog

HTH,

Randy Nielsen

Product Integration Manager

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s wrong. Windows > Panels shows only structured view and Elements. See attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or Format > Paragraphs > Catalog...

I think the "Authoring" workspace has it turned on too as a panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Format menu in FrameMaker 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in structured frame maker? If so, why are you trying to use the paragraph catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Structured or unstructured FM? I'm in unstructured FM11 & there's a Format menu - make sure you've done View > Menus > Complete to see everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The traditional menu location ("all" versions of FM) is Format >Paragraph > Catalog.

I prefer the Ctrl-9 or F9 shortcuts in FM11, however, which brings up the Smart Insert feature at your cursor location. See the FM reviewer's guide on the framemaker product page for more info and a recording of the process.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan

co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11

P: 714.798.7596 | C: 714.585.2335 | matt@mattrsullivan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Format menu? See screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't attach files or paste pictures by e-mail - you need to use the camera icon in the web interface to attach screenshots.

You sound like you're working with Structured FM - formating of paragraphs doesn't play into it - that's all controlled by your EDD or DTD or something (you can tell I don't use structured FM at all ;>) )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, formatting of paragraphs doesn’t play into it. However, the ability to apply formats via the catalog does very much play into it. You can’t get a bullet unless you apply a bullet format to a list item in a

. And I can’t believe how impossible it is to find the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that all that's controlled by the element tags you apply to your content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't see your screen shot if you paste it into the Reply box. You'll need to save your screen shot as a separate file, then upload using the camera icon in the Reply window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have View > Menus complete turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might be looking to get started using FM for the first time. If so, FrameMaker is substantially different in logic from other word processing applications. Consider the FrameMaker 11 Classroom in a Book, Lynda.com, or a live training class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used FrameMaker for 20 years. I’m using structured FrameMaker now to create a DITA document. There used to be catalogs on the right side of the document frame. Those aren’t there any more. I just need to know how to access it. I know how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Authoring workspace (upper right corner of the FM application) I am able to access Format > Paragraph > Catalog. Perhaps you are using a workspace like XML/Structured, which (on my system) hides non-structured menu options)

Best of luck,

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your Workspace. In Structured FM, the Review and XML/Structured ones don't include the Catalog options.

The keyboard shortcuts have remained the same since day one.

Parargraph Catalog:     esc o p c

Character Catalog:     esc o c c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines