Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 10: Manage used and unused styles

May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/framemaker/pdf/FRAMEMAKER11_U... says FM 10 introduced the ability to "Manage used and unused styles: paragraph, character, table" but I am unable to find that information in the (exceedingly unhelpful) help system. Can anyone point me to a discussion of this featue? We are moving to new templates and would like to make the transition as painless as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/10.0/Using/WSb279e4ac6862353b-3f9e7ca912bf358843f-8000.html

The support is quite basic. In the respective catalog displays, click on the Options... button to get the window that allows you to delete unused formats. The checkmarks in the Catalog listings show the formats that have been applied in the document.

Catalogs.pngDeletteeUnusedFormats.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/10.0/Using/WSb279e4ac6862353b-3f9e7ca912bf358843f-8000.html

The support is quite basic. In the respective catalog displays, click on the Options... button to get the window that allows you to delete unused formats. The checkmarks in the Catalog listings show the formats that have been applied in the document.

Catalogs.pngDeletteeUnusedFormats.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly what I expected or hoped for, but I can use it as part of the process I develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly were you hoping for? There are other tools for FM that might be more to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a keyboard person--I apply styles using the F8 and F9 key--so I don't have the paragraph catalog display at all. I would have put the "Delete all unused formats" option with the delete functionality available through the Commands button on the Paragraph Designer. But that's just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beverly - time to log a wish list ;>)

use https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=63

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Beverly:

Extendscript was introduced in FrameMaker 10. Perhaps someone's already created a script for this. I'm not sure if Extendscripts can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut. Perhaps soneone on the forum can point to an existing script, and also confirm whether a script can be assigned to a KBSC.

[EDIT]

I forgot to mention: Search Google for terms like "framemaker 10 extendscript" without quotes for info about Extendscript. Even if you don't want to add scripting to your resume, you might get some useful ideas from this link:

http://www.rickquatro.com/resources/BeginningFrameMakerScripting.pdf

[/EDIT]

And, in some future lifetime, your feature request will be incorporated in FM, if you post a formal request here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Beverly Robinson wrote:

I'm a keyboard person--I apply styles using the F8 and F9 key--so I don't have the paragraph catalog display at all. I would have put the "Delete all unused formats" option with the delete functionality available through the Commands button on the Paragraph Designer. But that's just me.

Message was edited by: peter at knowhowpro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Beverly,

The following shortcuts will get you the Catalog displays:

<esc> o p c  - open Paragraph catalog

<esc> o c c  - open Character catalog

<esc> t c c  -  open Table Catalog

Since showing/deleting tags are management functions for a catalog, why would moving this function to the Designer make it any better? You also wouldn' have any indicators as to which tags are or aren't applied/used within the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines