• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of that annoying right-hand column in Reader 11.0.3?

New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just won't go away!  I can't find anything on the menus to get rid of it.  It blocks the view of whichever document I'm trying to read.  What's odd is that when I first opened a PDF document, it looked just fine; but subsequent openings of the same document had that right-hand column blocking about one-fourth of the document, requiring horizontal scrolling.  Who can be bothered?  Please tell me this is an easy fix.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than go to full screen there is no way to make it disappear that I am aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway, MichaelKazlow.  I found out how to get rid of it:  See AbhigyanModi's post, below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking; what "right-hand column"?  Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen shot, Pat.  I'm referring to that column on the right-hand side of the interface.  Anyway, AbhigyanModi solved the problem for me.  Thanks all the same!

AdobeReader01A.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the "Tools" label on top of the right hand column and it should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, AbhigyanModi.  Your advice was spot on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thanks that worked.   And was completely non-obvious!   Agreed that is annoying both to make the wide column the default display and make it so hard to switch off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Half of a solution has been offered for this problem: Click on Tools, then click on Tools again. This is so un-obvious that I have to guess it removes the column as a fluke of what's been clicked, not because that is the defined way to remove the column. And the screen shot helped those who haven't seen it. But I've been reading the Freakonomics guys and I have to say that the right question was not asked. Here's the right question:

How can I keep that stupid worthless column from EVER showing up again? I mean, it's nice to have instructions on how to change a tire, but it's even nicer to have a car that doesn't have a blowout every time I try to go for a drive!

I have searched Preferences and cannot find anything that seems to relate to it.

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines