• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several CS6 software downloads to install in my Adobe Application Manager.  Are those trial downloads, or are they free upgrades?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

It is likely your copies of Photoshop is using your perpetual license thus yes the update will not be available to you.  If you go to Help>Deactivate in Photoshop does your screen look the same as my attachment?

Deactivate screen copy.jpg

In particular you will want to look at the highlighted area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are free upgrades for the softwares you have installed.

Regards,

Ravi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will depend are you a Creative Cloud subscriber?  If so the applications being offered through the Adobe Application Manager are through your Creative Cloud subscription.  If you are not a subscriber then they are offered as a free trial of the Creative Cloud.

I believe Rave is referring to updates which become available but due to the OP description it appears they are referring to the Creative Cloud applications in AAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

It will depend are you a Creative Cloud subscriber?  If so the applications being offered through the Adobe Application Manager are through your Creative Cloud subscription.  If you are not a subscriber then they are offered as a free trial of the Creative Cloud.

I believe Rave is referring to updates which become available but due to the OP description it appears they are referring to the Creative Cloud applications in AAM.

I seem to have two Application Manager apps on my system (Mac OSX 10.8.2, MacBook Pro 8,2).  One in Utilities/Application Manager and another that gets launched from the "Updates" in the application "Help" menu.  The one in Utilities shows all my CS 6 applications as available to try, and I've purchased/installed Design/Web Premium.  The one launched from within the app shows no updates, but here in Adobe there is an update, i.e. Photoshop 13.0.2.  I have a couple other programs that scan for apps that need updatiing and all the Adobe ones try unsuccessfully to use Application Manager to updates when an update shows.

I have one app, Muse, which I've subscribed to in Creative Cloud.  Could this be messing up things?  I do see all CS apps in the Creative Cloud, not just Muse.  But I haven't tried to use them.  I'm don't like the Creative Cloud and have to wait a year for the subscription to end, there is no way of cancelling it once committed; so I'm stuck with the Muse Creative Cloud (@ $14.95/month).

Suggestions?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Tom but what is your inquiry exactly?  Are you inquiring why you have multiple references to the Adobe Application Manager or on how to cancel your subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

I am sorry Tom but what is your inquiry exactly?  Are you inquiring why you have multiple references to the Adobe Application Manager or on how to cancel your subscription?

Application Manager, launched from the Applications/Utilities/Application Manager/Cores/Application Manager shows all my CS6 apps "Try" - no updates.  I know Photoshop has an update of 13.0.2.  If I download that update from Adobe and try to install the Application Manager gives an error - can't install.  There are all my CS6 apps listed there, as I said as "try" but at the bottom Creative Cloud and another have Install - they both fail install.  I tried to run the installer from the CS6 Installer, Application Manager gives an error - can't install, or uninstall and reinstall. 

I have one Creative Cloud app - Muse, the rest of CS6 is a downloaded upgrade from CS5.5.  If I launch Photoshop, choose "Updates" a different looking interface Application Manager opens (but same version - I checked) and says no updates.  The "About Photoshop" shows indeed it is version 13.0.1 - needs to be updated.  Boils down to something, IMHO, with Application Manager. 

Is Creative Cloud apps and physically on my compuer apps mucking up something?  In creative.adobe.com on the right all the Adobe apps are there, but they too are all "try" from what the Application Manager says in its window.

And, yes there are multiple Application Manager apps in the Adobe Application Manager folder, only difference is one has spaces between the words and one doesn't.  One is in the folder "core" the other is in "CCM/Utilities."  The one without spaces in its name is in the later folder.  But they both bring up the same looking interface with the "try" as described above. 

I'm running this on a MacBook Pro 8,2, OS X 10.8.2.  Also installed on my Mac Pro 2,1.  I'll see if similar issues happen on it.

Thanks in advance for any help.  I've tried to explain the best I can.  Boils down to not being able to update my CS6 Design/Web Premium apps.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this helps, here is the error generated trying to install Creative Cloud Connection:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW050 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - AdobeCreativeCloudDriver: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - AdobeCreativeCloudCore: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - AdobeCreativeCloudCore_AdobeCreativeCloudCore-LangPack: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to Help>Updates you are invoking the updater portion of the Adobe Application Manager which is why the UI appears differently. 

As for not seeing the update please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113449 for information on how to resolve this difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

When you go to Help>Updates you are invoking the updater portion of the Adobe Application Manager which is why the UI appears differently. 

As for not seeing the update please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113449 for information on how to resolve this difficulty.

Well the in app updater shows no updates, the other one (in Utilities - Mac OS) shows all my CS6 apps as a "Try" download.  BTW, the "Install" apps all fail, so I would imagine the "Try" ones would too.  I can't even uninstall the CS6 and reinstall - fails.

Now Illustrator and Flash are showing updates available from my MacUpdate checker.  Also, trying to download the stand alone updaters from Adobe results in a install fail as well.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I branched off the discussion thread you joined at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113449 as I did not realize you were not a Creative Cloud subscriber.  As discusssed in your other thread it may be best if you work directly with our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

I branched off the discussion thread you joined at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1113449 as I did not realize you were not a Creative Cloud subscriber.  As discusssed in your other thread it may be best if you work directly with our support team.

I am a Creative Cloud subscriber (as well as having CS6 purchased), the Cloud is only for Muse.  Can this be causing any conflict - having both?

My Mac Pro using Lion 10.7.4 has no problem updating the CS6 apps, but it isusing the Application Manager version 6.xxxx, where the MBPro is using the 7.xxxx version.  In fact I just ran "updates" from inside Photoshop on the Mac Pro and it updated another CS6 app.

Frustrating to say the least.  Even the stand alone update downloads from Adobe fail to install. 

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely your copies of Photoshop is using your perpetual license thus yes the update will not be available to you.  If you go to Help>Deactivate in Photoshop does your screen look the same as my attachment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

No, the deactivate window doessn't look like that.  This is what my Photoshop one looks like:

screen1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - I only have Muse as a Creative Cloud Membership.  Not sure if this may be mucking up the works.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Deactivate in Photoshop I have looks like the screen capture I uploaded (in response to your post): http://forums.adobe.com/message/4919968#4919968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The with your screen shot the 13.1 update is not applicable to your installation of Photoshop.  If you have a full subscription to the Creative Cloud then you can deactivate Photoshop and license it with your Creative Cloud subscription.  You will want to choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS6 is fully licensed, no need to purchase Creative Cloud versions of these apps, correct?  Jeff, we seem to be having (I believe) a communication problem - between the CS6 Design/Web Premium Suite and Creative Cloud apps.  My current (on my MacBook Pro 8,2; OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2) Photoshop version is 13.0.1 - there is an update for it to 13.1 which I can't install.  Now there's also (apparently) an update to Illustrator.  The in app "Updates" Application Manager says no updates, the Application Manager (in Mac OS - Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/core/Application Manager) shows only "Try" for my applications and there are three "Install" apps (Muse is one of them) which will not install - they download and fail upon trying to install. 

My same install of CS6 Design/Web Premium on my Mac Pro 2,1 just showed an update to Photoshop which it installed with no problem. The only differences - the Mac Pro is running OS X Lion 10.7.4 and Application Manager is version 6.0.xxx (where the MBPro has Application Manager 7.xxxx).

If this is addressed somewhere in these help boards, and I'm in the wrong area - PLEASE - direct me to where I can get answers.

Thank you,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom you will need to deactivate Illustrator or Photoshop as directed in message #15. 

In regards to where you can go for help you are not limited to our forums.  You are certainly welcome to work with our support team directly.  You can access chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

I believe most of the confusion came from the multiple message threads initially.  I do understand that you currently have Photoshop and Illustrator licensed to CS6 Design and Web Premium which is why you are unable to locate the 13.1 update.  At the moment all that would be visible, if not already applied, is the 13.0.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom you will need to deactivate Illustrator or Photoshop as directed in message #15. 

In regards to where you can go for help you are not limited to our forums.  You are certainly welcome to work with our support team directly.  You can access chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

I believe most of the confusion came from the multiple message threads initially.  I do understand that you currently have Photoshop and Illustrator licensed to CS6 Design and Web Premium which is why you are unable to locate the 13.1 update.  At the moment all that would be visible, if not already applied, is the 13.0.2 update.

As for the version number, I was indeed incorrect - my Mac Pro installed 13.0.2 of Photoshop (not sure the Illustrator version).  But that still leaves me wondering why the MacBook Pro will not do the same update.  I guess I'll try support chat - that's usually a PITA but no worse than phone calls.  BTW, I've tried the deactivate/reactivate with no changes.  I even copied the Application Manager folder from the Mac Pro since it had the version 6.xxx of it onto my MacBook Pro.  Upon launching it updated itself to the version 7.xxxx.  So if the Application Manager is somewhere involved version 6.xxx doesn't work in ML 10.8.2.

Thanks for trying - I still don't understand why it's acting the way it is.  Hopefully they can do something at the link you provided.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I have Creative Cloud subscription with PS 13.0.1, the update manager says there is no updates available and having phoned customer support I was told 13.1 update is beta and not available for my subscription!

I have since deactivated and reactivated (no joy) and then uninstalled and reinstalled also with no joy!

Apart from the obvious issue of not having the update, I am truly disappointed with the customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SimonthePieman please make sure to review this thread in it's entirety.  If your deactivation screen does not match what is shown in message #21 then you will need to continue working with our support team.  It is not possible to deal with account related issues in a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reviewed the thread, it seems there is only 21 messages (including this one) I'm not sure what you mean by account related issues? My issue is there is no 13.1 update for my Photoshop. Sorry for any confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies that should be message #11.  I branched out some of the off topic posts which were added to this thread over the weekend which has reduced the number of messages within the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok, I'm still not getting very far with customer support, hopefully I will get there in the end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, guess I should admit my stupidity, it works since I've updated my Vista to Win 7

Sorry lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines