• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Dynamic Context Sensitive Help API to work with Visual Studio 2012 and 64 bit?

Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have RH 9.

Our developers are working on implementing RH's dynamic CSH API inside of our software product:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSa7dd8288c271d662-26f4398e12b0c229082-8000.html

The instructions our developer found say:

Call your Help projects with the function RH_ShowHelp. The source code for this function is contained in the support files which you import into your development project. Languages supported are Visual Basic, C/C++, JavaScript, and Java. The files are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp [version]\CSH API. The files are:

CSH API\RoboHelp_CSH.cpp (C/C++, dependent on the .h)

CSH API\RoboHelp_CSH.h (C/C++, dependent on the .cpp)

I zipped up the CSH API from my RH 9 version and sent it to the developer. We're using Visual Studio 2012.

But now the dev is asking, "Is there a newer version? This one doesn't compile in win32 without me making some tweaks, and doesn't work at all in x64..." and "Is RoboHelp10 an option? 9 doesn't seem VS2012 compatible or x64 compatible."

Does anyone know if there are there is a later version of the API available that works for 64-bit / VS 2012?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The RoboHelp 10 API should work for WebHelp created with RoboHelp 9. Since the RH10 API will now support Multiscreen HTML5 (introduced with RoboHelp 10), I imagine it will work with VS 2012. But I’ve not tried that. You can try the RH10 API, but Adobe won’t support it

Alternatively: A colleague of mine created a custom C# API some time ago. That might work for you: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2012/08/03/custom-webhelp-apis

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Willam. That custom API might be useful for some of our C# applications. And thanks for your PM.

Anyway, I don't know if this makes a difference, but our target outputs required by our software are compiled html help (CHM) files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp