• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving to a new Mac - without an optical drive

Engaged ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this would have been covered before, but I can't find anything recent.

I have got a new iMac, without an optical drive. I have CS6 Design Standard as a boxed set and I have it installed on my old iMac. I want to leave it on the old iMac but also install it on the new iMac, but how do I install it without the drive?

I have read that I can download  CS6 as a trial and then activate it with my serial number, but I'm not sure whether that is still a valid option since the Adobe's move with Creative Cloud? I'd prefer not to have to download it all again and chew through a large chunk of my monthly download allowance.

Ideally I'd prefer to be able to copy the contents of the disks that I have onto a USB drive and get it across to the new iMac that way, but I'm not sure if that is possible, or recommended.

So, what are my options?

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Hi Tia,

yes you can copy the contents of the disks on USB and then can install on your new iMac.

However you can also download CS 6 applications by going here : http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Make sure you follow all steps before downoading.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tia,

yes you can copy the contents of the disks on USB and then can install on your new iMac.

However you can also download CS 6 applications by going here : http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Make sure you follow all steps before downoading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Baljeet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines