• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

z.cdn.turner.com - malware?

New Here ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is z.cdn.turner.com malware?  Should I "Accept" or "Deny" it ?  See the name in the small "Adobe Flash Player Settings" box on top of the video at this link (tried to insert screenshot but it didn't work): http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/living/2013/05/17/orig-jtb-distractio n-disco-bird.youtube#/video/living/2013/04/29/orig-jtb-distraction-fro zen-corgi-pandas.youtube.  I have Flash Player 11.7.700.202, and am using Windows XP and IE 8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not understand what you are doing or asking.

A screenshot would be helpful; use the camera icon in the forum editor to upload a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is about the box in the middle of the screen - if I click on

either "Allow" or "Deny", is this going to download to my computer a virus,

keylogger, or other kind of malware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That most likely means that you have your Flash Player's Global Privacy Settings set to "always ask."  You can confirm by visiting this page -- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

That little box on the page is a settings manager that allows you to set or modify how Flash Player deals with material that websites what to store on your PC.

As for the CNN video, I went to the link but couldn't get any of them to play. (I have all of my Flash Player security settings set to always deny and never store anything on my PC, so that may have something to do with it.)

I noticed, however, that just below the title of each video was a link to the video on youtube --

CNN Video.JPG

Click on that and you'll be taken to the video on its original youtube page, which CNN got it from.  That should give you no problems, or concerns about security breaches.

HTH,

Ortho_Fan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines