• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to merge all the pods like presentetion, video, attendees etc from a downloaded zip format

New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

Intially i used have lot of problems on downloding the recorded videos  by making offline. But i came to know the zip method and i am very happy to use this method. i just want to know that when i download zip file, all the files like  .flv and .xml files will be downloaded. i get all these files separately instead of that is there any other way to merge the presentaion, video, attendees and chat  pods from the downloaded zip file. as i dont want to download the file by making offline as this results in low quality of the video.

can you please let me know if there are any other ways to do like that.

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there is no way to merge the content from the downloaded zip file.

~Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

i need a small clarification...

if i want to merge all these pods with an external softwares (video edting softwares or like that).

so i can give a try, if there are any, can you please suggest me in this regard

Thanks  in advance

Upender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi upender,

I guess the zip files that we give is in the crudest form and i dont think any external software has the capability to do that (at least i am not aware of any).

Just out of curiosity, is the quality of the downloaded flv this bad that you are really looking for other options?

~Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, keep in mind that the source files you pull down from the server may not contain everything in the recording. Any content objects that were part of the live session are called upon by the recording during playback, so the source files just contain the call to that object off the server, not the actual object. So, even if you do find a way to compile the files in the zip, it will not have any PPT(X), FLV, SWF, JPG, etc. content that was part of the live session.

The reality is that the source files for the recording were never meant to be downloaded (thus why there is no option to download the files through the UI), but was an API trick that has been used to make some minor edits to recordings, or to check/update corrupted recording files. This was never intended to be a workflow for making versions of the recording to be used on a non-Connect server.

You can make your Offline recordings of better quality by increasing the resolution (size) of the window of the recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the helpful answer,

earlier the quality of the video is not so bad, but my management needs good quality videos when downloaded, the video quality was managable before 1 and half month and after that the problem was started the video quality is bad and even sometimes it freezes out, we have tried downloding many times, but no use so we have to choose an alternative to download the videos. As we didn't do any changes to adobe connect software hosted on our server.

our process will be :

• live streaming and recording of the sessions.
  • then downloding the recorded version and uploding it to youtube channel
  • embedding video links from youtube channel to our website.

as this is our process.

please provide me if any suggestions in this regard.

thanks

upender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Upender,

I am not sure what on the Connect side has changed which could have caused this. Btw, do you have a hosted account or a licensed one? And which version of Connect are using?

Just FYI, You may have an option to convert recordings to MP4 in a future release of Connect which will solve this problem for you.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

First of all thanks for your time in helping us....

The following are the details of Adobe Connect

• The version we are using is Adobe connect 9.0 Ver
  • ours is an enterprise account.
  • its hosted on our local server (very good and high configuration).

you can find the connect at below URL:

http://ksiconnect.icrisat.org:8080

thanks

Upender

ICRISAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Upender,

I can see that you are running C9.0.0.1 currently. I am sorry but i dont think we can do anything about the quality as of now as we are not aware what caused this change in quality. But it would be great to know if you can tell if there was any upgrade (2 weeks ago, as you mentioned above) which could have caused this and what was the preivous version of Connect that you had if there was an upgrade?

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

but  we haven't upgraded the adobe connect. But we will check once agian and we will provide the information.

thanks

Upender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sammer,

Greetings !

Can you please tell me when we can have future release of adobe connect

so that we can have option to convet recordings to MP4

thanks

Upender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Upender!

While we are working, as I write, towards enhancing the Connect platform, we cannot categorically comment about the roadmap and future releases. All I can say at this point in time is that we are working with lots of exciting new features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. The Connect Community will be mighty excited by the new release, when it happens.

Stay tuned and watch out for annoucements, as and when they happen, on the official blogs https://blogs.adobe.com/adobeconnect and https://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines